Business Development

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by anonymous, Jul 29, 2020 at 1:25 PM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you went to Haas or Wharton you would know what I am talking about.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

GROUPIE LOVE?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What's the point of this post?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

But the Raven still beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,

Straight I wheeled a cushioned seat in front of bird, and bust and door;

Then, upon the velvet sinking, I betook myself to linking

Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore —

What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt, and ominous bird of yore

Meant in croaking “Nevermore.”

This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing

To the fowl whose fiery eyes now burned into my bosom’s core;

This and more I sat divining, with my head at ease reclining

On the cushion’s velvet lining that the lamp-light gloated o’er,

But whose velvet-violet lining with the lamp-light gloating o’er,

She shall press, ah, nevermore!

Then, methought, the air grew denser, perfumed from an unseen censer

Swung by seraphim whose foot-falls tinkled on the tufted floor.

“Wretch,” I cried, “thy God hath lent thee — by these angels he hath sent thee

Respite — respite and nepenthe, from thy memories of Lenore;

Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe and forget this lost Lenore!”

Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cleary you don't know anything about drug development. We entered the deal when this was preclinical. Preclinical assets have single digit PTRS. They're most likely going to fail. You can either spend that money in an upfront payment and development milestones or you can spend it by developing the asset internally in your own FTE costs. The dollar amount isn't too different. When you see that the drug doesn't look great for various reasons, you stop development rather than continue to spend money. I love when clueless fools make comments about things they don't know and then their next response to this will be some childish insult. We were better off stopping now and not spending more money. This happens to every single drug company on the planet. On the flipside, some of our best assets have come out of early licensing deals that we then acquired later, which you wouldn't know because, again, you're not in the know. You should really stay in your lane. Something tells me you're in sales or commercial.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think that most people disregarded this thread because of the stupidity. The poster may not understand PTRS, but at a minimum they should understand how pharma companies invest in R&D partnerships vs the home-grown development of molecules.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"a minimum they should understand how pharma companies invest in R&D partnerships vs the home-grown development of molecules."

Amgen unfortunately sucks at both.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

StoplickingJayChiangsASsshole

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've never met this person and he has no part in business development so I really don't know what you're talking about. I think you're the one doing the licking of his body parts man

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The blame shifting here is too funny. Sales people want to take all the credit out of one side of their mouth but at the same time put blame on development and BD. BD and development can both do a great job but if commercial or sales drop the ball, it doesn't matter how good the deal was or how good the development program was. The reality is, any given asset's failure could have been any group's fault, or multiple groups. You'd have to do a thorough post mortem to really know. And to be successful all functions must be doing a great job. Stop blaming other groups. Sometimes BD fucks up, sometimes development fucks up, sometimes commercial fucks up, sometimes sales fucks up. To have a really successful multi billion dollar product, everyone has to pass the baton and run with it successfully.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You come here just to vomit some words? Nice

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All true.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I see the BD Cheerleader is back with more propaganda.
    Give it a rest, if BD were really great then you wouldn't need to keep claiming it so strenuously.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That was far from vomiting and actually made very thoughtful, sound points that were dead accurate. Clearly you have reading comprehension issues. Did you even break 600 on the verbal section of the SAT?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I could say the exact same thing about sales. Except no one in BD has their jobs at risk. It's funny how the pharmaceutical industry is the only industry where you clowns call yourselves sales people and claim to sell products but no exchange of products or money actually takes place. Maybe it's because you're not selling anything. You're influencers that try to get doctors to write scripts. Whether they actually do so when you leave the office and whether or not the sale actually happens at the pharmacy is not clear, because you're not actually selling shit. You don't have control over the transaction. Such overpaid losers.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummm...ok. Good one. I'm not surprised you sales reps are responsible for our compliance issues and ethical violations. You all are a bunch of teenagers. It's truly sad.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jealous? No. I make more than anyone in sales. Sorry. And I will continue to make much more because my career has far more upward potential. Stop making things up to feel better

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't work in sales, Cheerleader.
    You & BD have massively failed again.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thoughtful, sound points? Dude a 16 year old at their very first job has already made those same conclusions. Next time think through the point you are trying to make and decide how many useless words you need to make it, or if your point needs to even be made.