BYE BYE CLARK!!!!

Discussion in 'Merck IT' started by anonymous, Dec 20, 2017 at 12:22 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No wonder he allowed his BRN office to be converted to conference rooms. Here's hoping we actually get somebody from the outside who will clean house!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clark is leaving on his own.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Left on his own, but could he really stay ? Come on now

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Even if he was leaving on his own, which I don't believe, who gives a shit. HE IS GONE!!!!!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i hope they’re bring someone from outside that insources back all the work that Clark and his cronies outsourced wastefully. All they achieved was a net loss for the company: lower costs in exchange for much lower performance and effectiveness that has effectively crippled Merck IT delivery.

It high time for the pendulum to swing back.

Good riddance!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am happy to report the attractive outcomes of my 2017 downsizing efforts what a successful outcome. I will be expanding the efforts in this first quarter. 2018 reductions will be much greater.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Where is the announcement? Cut and paste it here. He is not gone.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that Clark is officially out who has/will replace him?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rumor has it they’re hiring an insufferable douche with no IT experience from outside to replace CG as someone with a similar skill set to Merck IT Management will be best placed to run the show.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Daffy Duck and a Goofy are scheduled for interviews next week.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you’re hoping “the pendulum will swing back”, you’re in for some disappointment.

A new CIO won’t be able to reverse the long held trend towards outsourcing most of IT to the cheapest, lowest quality labor force available. The vast majority of Pharma market analysts lap up news of additional separations and generally state they think cuts at Merck are not deep enough.

How do you think shareholders would react to the news “our ability to deliver IT has been degraded so severely over the last decade by continuous cost cutting & poor management decisions that we now need to spend $ a year for the next X years in order to have an IT fit for purpose”

NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is the idjits lame farewell bs… good riddance !

Dear IT Colleagues,

Goodbyes can be incredibly difficult, but they also lead you to truly reflect on the significance of the experiences and people in your life. These last few months have given me the opportunity to really process what we have accomplished together—not for the purpose of a convincing PowerPoint presentation, but simply for what it is and why it matters.

Together, we’ve laid the foundation to help usher one of the most important companies of our time into the digital age.

Five years ago, we had thousands of siloed applications that were consuming a tremendous amount of our resources. Data and analytics were not part of the everyday vocabulary. Our talented leaders did not have enough seats at the strategy table. Digital was viewed more as a tactic to be outsourced, not an asset to be built upon and learned from. Our potential as an organization was extraordinary, but we hadn’t figured out the way to fully realize it.

Together, we changed all that. Today, Merck and MSD’s digital foundation is strong and a point of envy among our closest competitors. We made many wise foundational decisions and you all delivered tangible value through your big ideas, relentless focus, and strong execution—all of which have poised this company to springboard into a digital future in a way that other companies can’t. In addition, our IT hubs and country teams have allowed us to closely collaborate with our business colleagues, and our leaders have helped them make more strategic choices with their IT investments. In my view, we made a difference that can be felt not only by our organization, but by the entire company, our customers, and even patients. And we did it against many odds, together.

Our commitment as a team is perhaps the achievement I’m most proud of. When we started down this path, sometimes it felt like we were “walking the plank” and making tough and lonely decisions. But, we persevered together, overcoming many obstacles and navigating many changes. During the cybersecurity incident last year, we lifted each other up in ways I have never experienced before in my life. Strangers became close colleagues, and job titles no longer mattered. We believed in each other and cherished the spirit of collaboration.

As the next few months unfold, I urge you to not lose this spirit. Work together. Keep reaching out to meet people you haven’t worked with before. Lift each other up. And keep challenging the status quo. Because the opportunities and challenges you are going to face in the future are only going to get bigger. The healthcare industry is an industry at a crossroads—with an incredible amount of unfulfilled potential, a litany of giant minds motivated to make big changes, and an unrivaled level of advancement in digital that will change healthcare as we know it. We’ve seen what digital can do to other industries—and it’s breathtaking. Now, it’s healthcare’s turn. There has never been a time with more opportunity created by digital in the life sciences and healthcare spaces than now.

If I can offer up some parting advice, it would be to help this company fully embrace digital as the new normal. Help them consume and learn from the data around them in a way where they get smarter day-by-day, hour-by-hour, with a level of learning that is unrivaled. Help them get comfortable about automating many parts of our operations and harnessing the intelligence of machines to uncover opportunities for new productivity. Help them do things like reinvent the traditional sales model of a representative briefing a physician, and develop deeply personalized digital interactions fully on the customer’s terms. Help them have the courage to take the full leap into digital and adopt it as their mindset. You can do it, because I’ve seen you do it before. And I’ll, of course, be cheering you on from the sidelines as your most enthusiastic fan.

Finally, I don’t normally call out specific individuals in my communications, out of concern that I will inevitably leave someone out. But there is one person who I think is more than worthy of an exception. Lisa Ireland, thank you for your relentless professionalism, wholehearted dedication, and unconditional trust. You are truly a treasure.

Thank you all for making this goodbye so difficult and for making me a better leader. I can’t wait to see what you do next!

Keep on inventing for life,

Clark

” has

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s good to see the Merck propaganda machine is still alive & well.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So is Lisa Ireland now thinking, “Thanks for the kiss of death, Clark”

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He's just happy he got a golden hand job from Kenny before leaving.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Five years ago, we had thousands of siloed applications that were consuming a tremendous amount of our resources.”

Did he just take responsibility for the cybersecurity incident that “fixed” that?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WTF!
    Isn’t it a conflict of interest,and ethics violation that Clark is on the board of a Merck supplier???
    And I thought corruption was a thing of politicians.
    Dirty rotten charlatan.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't you get the memo.
    • Conflict of interest
    • Ethics Violation
    • Insider Trading
    • Tax avoidance
    • Accounting anomaly
    • Non-compete clause
    These are things that only apply to the drones not those with a law firm on retainer. Signed a contract with a financial penalty if you merge with a competitor? No problemo, restructure under a different company name then a reverse merger to make that go away. Suffered a catastrophic cybersecurity incident due to negligence? No problemo, just pay a higher insurance premium next time.

Kudos to Golestani for managing to find the only role that's more dull than Pharma IT. He's in good company if he's working with Experian as they have no clue about Info. Sec. either.

https://www.seal-software.com/news-events/clark-golestani-joins-seal-software%E2%80%99s-board-directors

"He holds a degree in management science from MIT’s Sloan School of Management." - I am Jack's complete lack of surprise that he has very little actual education in IT. Still, at least they told him how to wield an ax. Maybe next time hire someone as CIO with IT skills and a proven leader of people.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Help them get comfortable about automating many parts of our operations and harnessing the intelligence of machines to uncover opportunities for new productivity"

Oops, I hate to break it to ya - machines are not intelligent.

Sounds like you don't understand machines ... or people.