bye bye distribution

Discussion in 'Elanco' started by anonymous, Aug 29, 2015 at 9:24 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Granted that there are some "order takers" out there in distribution. There are also some very good very efficient reps. Typically a manufacturer's rep will see an account every four weeks; maybe every two weeks for some key accounts. Distribution also ha more contact (manufacturers have some) from inside reps. Yes manufacturers can ship and bill. They then have to deal with individual returns, increased (by a lot) shipping costs, and billing issues (misbilled, terms, slow pay, and so on).

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with all the stuff you said about dealing with billiing, returns and the like. Non of which helps manufacturers place New business. All a manufacturer has to do is increase sales force, add inside sales, and accounts receivable department, then you cover what distribution currently has to offer a manufacturer. This is exactly what Idexx has done successfully!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I don't disagree with some of the comments made here re direct vs distribution I don't believe that the IDEXX example is typical. It seems to me that IDEXX never had/has a major competitor. (Apologies to Abaxis and Heska, just my opinion.)

Bios are different with many serious contenders competing for the business.

Time will tell, should be fun to watch!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So sorry girls but you are just not that attractive anymore. The product list you offer is a "pig with lipstick" and nobody likes your reps because they are just a bunch of used car salespeople. Too bad. So sad. Time to impload and be sold.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You aren't crazy. Elanco is a leading animal health company

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

left

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they don't adjust the distribution margins upward on the BI line they are going to learn the SA Bios game the hard way.