Bye Bye JnJ Argus Project....

Discussion in 'Quintiles' started by Anonymous, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like it is going to be official soon....

Layoffs come round the bend.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah, hearing that to. What is the Eric "the pucker" K going to do now?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not a good time to be on external projects. And the mv legacy continues.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are they going to do with the kissing cousins.. AR and AM?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no idea. Industry rep is totally shot.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hope to see some of the J and J people move to BMS or something else. There are some dedicated people working there and we could use them on BMS

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe in the short term. The long term prospects for tech solutions is poor. There is no real strategy. JnJ was going to be their premier customer in this space, The failure to deliver will not go unnoticed in the industry.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And we'll see the impact to people on the project. I want to know if RT will be held accountable.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

KG should be held accountable!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neither will be held accountable. When this deal was won, it's all we heard about on all hands calls. Now that its gone belly up, we'll get excuses from execs while we are shown the door

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The sad thing is that many people involved on the technical side could see this heading off the rails for years. The plan was to somehow move from a company which could just about manage its own IT platforms to managing them for other companies. Oh, and becoming a software development house too. Somehow.

Maybe someone believed the line about an infinite number of monkeys and an infinite number of typewriters and hoped that might apply in this case. Get rid of the expensive monkeys who know how to do stuff and hire lots and lots of inexpensive monkeys to do their work.

I long ago learned to recognize the sound of yet another Argus deadline go whooshing by. I'm going to miss that noise. Does anyone remember the good old days of 2013 when it absolutely had to be delivered by October some time. Make or break time folks, this is it. Followed by that whooshing noise again.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember. Any voice of reason with delivery concerns was smashed down by mv. And if you dared cross him, you then had to deal with him and rt. They simply would not listen. Now the spin to the CEO is that JnJ is a difficult customer. BULL. They constructed a bad contract on all sides and now stuff hitting the fan

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Interesting take on this. I've been out of Q for some time but I do know that you can't make someone who's never done consulting lead a consulting group. So RT didn't exactly rally the organization to be successful at external IT. He made it APPEAR that way, but outside of the spotlight, it was sink or swim for every man (or woman). JnJ was signed when we were doing all their case processing and as the clinical business started to fade with them, Q started to say anything to make JnJ happy, which was not a possibility.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right. He was so convincing in his IT town halls that people were scrambling to get into the safety area (of IT) like people scramble to make purchases on black friday. But alas, people found out the hard way it was a house of cards. It was so fragile with J&J and the leadership in Q occupied themselves with unimportant matters and refused to make changes despite the crisis. By the time they took action it was too late.