Camera device

Discussion in 'Gastroenterology' started by Anonymous, Dec 19, 2006 at 11:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is anyone familiary with a device that is a "camera pill"? Any insights to product/company would be greatly appreciated; thanks in advance

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given is the company.

Doc's like the tech, reimbursement not bad.
    The problem is most doc's already have it. It's not good for the colon, the bowel yes.
    I'd want to know what offices already had it and what growth opportunities are there? Any enhancements to the tech?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the feedback. If most docs have the unit/capital, then I would guess they would have to buy the disposals. Again, thank you and I'd appreciate feedback from anyone else....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked there. I did very well for a time - then all the docs had bought. Reimbursement IS NOT good, the management is a bunch of crazy Israelis and they treat employees like dogs. But of course, that could change.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the feedback! Did you land in a better place and would you recommend the company to work for? Again, thanks a lot for any further insight!! (they are saying $150 at plan. Is it realistic to go over?)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has reimbursement gotten better?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i'm confused. If the FDA just approved it in the United States this year, how is it dr's have been using it for years now? From what I am reading, it appears that the Pillcam was not indicated for use in the bowel/large intestines until recently? It also looks like reimbursement is about to start getting better as of next year......

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-05-21/given-imaging-study-may-help-approval-israel-overnight.html
    http://news.yahoo.com/given-imaging-says-pillcam-colon-151617596.html