Can it really be that bad

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Jan 16, 2011 at 12:38 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok so all the feed back as to joining Quest is very bad! It really makes one question a decision to work for Quest at least as an AM. But there is a lot of AMs who have stayed with the company along time. A few of them have responded to say what a terrible place Quest is to work. Why have you/they stayed? Is the money good? According to the feed back no. Is the job easy? Again according to the feed back no. Advancement opportunities? No.
    So help me understand why you/ they are there I really want to be sure to make an intelligent decision and with all the tenure there has to be something good. Is it possible to get at least one positive about Quest?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is not one positive thing to say about Quest. It's just a job in a bad economy.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Working in sales at Quest has been the worst experience ever. I wish I had listened to the advice of others on this forum before taking the job. The work is mind numbing and the pay horrible for all the work. Half the time you'll be running around like a chicken with your head cut off just trying to put out fires to save your ass rather than doing any selling.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what about new vp of sales? is he making a difference?nwasn't all feedback on him good about his experience and leadership?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tenure? My district had almost a 50% turnover rate. The ones still here are looking, and this takes time.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think that applies to just about every district right now. Just look at how many people are in each training class. It's like a revolving door around here. You come in and are here for a short period of time and then you are out.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you haven't noticed there is a lot of negativity on this board. Here is an honest opinion. Previous year was tough due to a number of factors. This caused a lot of negativity and significant turnover. Job is not easy but there is money to be made. I made 50k bonus last quarter but the "average" rep will not come close to that #. It's not for everyone and is a difficult industry to learn. I'd bet out of all of the new reps 50% will not be able to hack it. You have to be a lot more than a hard worker to be successful. Hope this helps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what? You made 50K and your salary is 50-60K? 100-110K is not going to go to far with my family. Before they changed the comp plan I used to make twice that amount. The job is easy, there is no longer any money to be made. And it is not difficult to learn. Who started that myth? You don't have to know what's in a complete blood count - just how much the physician price is and hopefullly if it is ordered with a ton of other testing. Selling lab services is mind-numbing boring and it used to be that the pay made up for that. Quest will not change it's comp plan to the advantage of the reps. It was 1993 since that laste happened. This industry is dead if you want to earn a living. Unless you're 1-2 years out of college and then it's not a bad stepping stone.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make your own decision and do not count on idiots posting on an anonymous internet message board. In reality, you sound like an ex-Quest employee playing armchair psychologist to me

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is really bad here. We just had Mr. Smoke and Mirrors VP give us some pie in the sky figures on our 2011 Com plan. How do these people sleep at night ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could any of you Quest reps help me. I am interviewing for a sales position and don't want to make a mistake here. What are the hours and sales expectations like here? Does anyone know anything about the manager of the area between DC and Richmond on the 95 corridor. Vacation policy? ect. Thanks.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

In reality I am not an ex-Quest employee. I foolishly came to this sight thinking I could get some honest feed back. But I should have realized this would be the wrong forum to try and get feedback.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will have to work 12-16 hour day and a good amount of time on weekends. You will never be able to live up to sales expectations. They want you to be at 100% of quota at all times.

14. littlered

littlered Guest

You can do quite well in the Lab industry. It is never boring and it will be as "professional as you make it. Quest is poorly run company, but that is mostly upper managment, SM and many of the of the middle management.
    There are some specific regions and districts that have good managers. If you can work hard and suck up quite a bit of BS for a few years, you can begin to do well.
    Do your homework and find the right people to work with. A good manager can make all the difference.
    All the larger companies have good training and it is what you make of it.
    If you are expecting big gains, right away, and are not willing to tough it out to get started, the lab industry is probably not for you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The nerve of them! Requiring their sales representatives to achieve quota

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what? You are a mathematical genius. 50k for the quarter in bonus, not the year. Add it up. I know it is tough when you only have 20 fingers and toes but if you stay at it maybe you will figure it out.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$15,000 of new business per month for an AE in this economy does take nerve. If you are not an AE then shut the #&!% up!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha ha ha ha YOU are a joke. THERE IS not that kind of bonus. If there was, do you think the compnay would be seeing the downsizing it has been going through in the last 60 days?
    No, Quest is fine if you are out of college and fresh. More seasoned reps. can get a position elsewhere for way more money. Even the Managers who are good are hit by this layoff and the stress is obvious. The goals are way too high for this economy and market. The reps are off to an unfair advantage before they leave the gate.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You DO understand that such business conditions as you describe REQUIRE the business to hire people that don't know that "fact," do you not? And get rid of those that do before they infect the new ones with their "I can't do it" or "It's too hard" attitude?
    Maybe it is. Accept it and go on. Unless you can change your POV. Anything else makes you useless - to all.
    I hear car sales is gonna be big!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FU and your can do or get out crap. You must be a DM or have a non sales role.