CardioSom

Discussion in 'Respiratory' started by Anonymous, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How did the interview go? I just applied for same position. I searche on th web and this site came up. I am a little hesitant.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Maybe this will help you make an informed decision...last week Cardiosom announced an across the board 10% pay cut. They have tied it to performance and have said that they will reinstate the contracted wages once the hold/stop numbers come down.

I got out just in time.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well in this day and age, a pay cut is better than no pay at all.........

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It went well. I was offered the position but am waiting for my packet to see what the "offer" actually is.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the 10% pay cut was actually warranted then yes it would be better to have the pay cut and maintain your job. HOWEVER, Cardiosom has been consumed with greed and are acting like big goverment by hiring more and more upper high paying management positions. I bet their upper management didn't take a 10& pay cut. Instead they are getting fat off the labor of their victim hourly employees who are overworked, working at home and not being paid overtime wages, only to be told they can take off that extra time the following week and work over 40 hours. Maybe Cardiosom isn't doing anything illegal, but it sure isn't ethical. Plus they are bragging about all this new business they are aquiring yet what they fail to tell you is their staff is overworked, with unrealistic work loads, their health insurance benefits are horrible, and their management stopped listening to the hourley workers who know what needs to be done and upper management has become consumed with greed. I recommend anyone in this career field run for your life because all the hard work you do will not be recognized. It use to be a great place to work, but they have let greed take over and qaulity and ethics flew out the window.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I accepted a position with Cardiosom about 2 years ago with a great base ($60K) and better than average comission plan. Then, about 4 months later, they reduced the entire sales force's pay to a base of I think $28K. It didn't matter how well you were doing, basically take it or leave it. I was told that my employment was "at will" and they really didn't need any reason to let me go if I didn't want to accept the lower pay. Pretty shitty in my opinion to ask someone what it would take to bring them on board (they came after me, I didn't come after them) then pull the rug out from underneath a few months later. I know that I wasn't the only one that this happened to. They opened up several locations and went after the reps with the best reputations and made us all big promises and didn't keep a one of them. Now it is my burden to explain to anyone that I interview with in the future why I was with them for such a short time. I would carefully consider any offer this company makes to you keeping in mind that they burned me and several others.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10% was across the board. If you don't like your job or think you are overworked, leave. The rest of us will do your job too! You are obviously one of the employees that need to quit because you had been on Easy Street and now someone holds you accountable, you don't like it. Cardiosom pays better than my last job. Benefits are very expensive though and I still don't know why they keep hiring more 'Upper Management?'. My boss is one of the best and I work with a good team. We will continue to do whatever it takes to make sure we have a job in the future and it is people like you that bring a company down. Just do your job like the rest of us or quit!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, your right you will do my job, because your already doing the job of three people, and yes the hourly employees that work they are some of the best qaulified people I have ever worked with. And lower management is also the best. Does that mean employees deserve to be treated the way they are treated? Let's move out of disfunction and denial.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh...you poor deluded person...I feel so sorry for you. Many that have taken the 10% cut are already doing the job of 2 or 3 people. Why should any company get such a price break on labor and who would be foolish enough to allow themselves to be used that way? I guess that would be you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a lot of anonymity on this thread....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said! I am no longer employed with Cardiosom and I am glad about it. I will not play the victim to corporate greed! I wonder how they sleep at night...oh well...not my problem anymore!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in a management position with Cardiosom for several years. Most of the complaints in this thread are true. It is unfair to compare this company to the Apria’s of the world. Cardiosom is in a category of its own called The Orca. The Orca category is a large predatory wale that feeds on the week and venerable. They search for employees and small companies and make very handsome offers and promises that they most likely will not keep. Sometimes the upper management will play with you for a while much like the orca and the seal tossing you back and forth until you have no other choice. It is very to have good ethics and work for a company that pigeon holed me. They have me over the barrel and they owe me but do not pay timely for dealings other than payroll. The upper management has asked me if I had any leads or friends with business to acquire. Now how can I do that? I would never refer any of my friends or business where I am. Naturally I just do my job because I need one and have no other way out.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a person in Carmel that told me that Cardiosom's financial stability has been compromised. Cardiosom has acquired around 60 locations in the California area. I am sure the only why they were able to fund this huge undertaking is to overstate their financials.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in a management position with Cardiosom for several years. Most of the complaints in this thread are true. It is unfair to compare this company to the Apria’s of the world. Cardiosom is in a category of its own called The Orca. The Orca category is a large predatory wale that feeds on the week and venerable. They search for employees and small companies and make very handsome offers and promises that they most likely will not keep. Sometimes the upper management will play with you for a while much like the orca and the seal tossing you back and forth until you have no other choice. It is very to have good ethics and work for a company that pigeon holed me. They have me over the barrel and they owe me but do not pay timely for dealings other than payroll. The upper management has asked me if I had any leads or friends with business to acquire. Now how can I do that? I would never refer any of my friends or business where I am. Naturally I just do my job because I need one and have no other way out.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in a management position with Cardiosom for several years. Most of the complaints in this thread are true. It is unfair to compare this company to the Apria’s of the world. Cardiosom is in a category of its own called The Orca. The Orca category is a large predatory wale that feeds on the week and venerable. They search for employees and small companies and make very handsome offers and promises that they most likely will not keep. Sometimes the upper management will play with you for a while much like the orca and the seal tossing you back and forth until you have no other choice. It is very to have good ethics and work for a company that pigeon holed me. They have me over the barrel and they owe me but do not pay timely for dealings other than payroll. The upper management has asked me if I had any leads or friends with business to acquire. Now how can I do that? I would never refer any of my friends or business where I am. Naturally I just do my job because I need one and have no other way out. I think we should call some of these people out.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Apria and we do not set patients up and forget them. Our model of cpap therapy is great we we try everything we can to help the patient to stay compliant. And we have a great re-supply program, basically the patient has a new piece of equipment whenever the insurance allows. On top of that we offer the Respironics System One and the Resmed S9 as our essential care model. Of course if the doctor prescribes something else we will dispense as well. Just wanted to clarify the nature of the information you got is erroneous. As far as Cardiosom, they do not have a big presence in my market but I have not heard negative remarks against them.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stabiltiy is probably compromised due to the amount of cash paid out to in and out side attorney's to keep them one step ahead of the regulators. All it takes is one hiccup and the house of cards crashes.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is not what I said and you can’t white wash the truth. The person that I a speaking of would know first had if they are having financial difficulties. What this person said and I quote- I am concerned for the financial viability of Cardiosom going forward. There has been a breech in the financial foundation because of the cost associated with acquiring the California deal. This statement has nothing to do with being on the cutting edge of anything other than financial destruction. FYI they have legal council in house now. They made a bad decision and they bit off more than they can chew.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

10% payroll deductions had to be used for something!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No! The instability would be caused by the shady people that Cardiosom decides to put in corporate positions like CFO! Can anyone say skeletons in the closet?