1. IMPORTANT: In the next few weeks, we will be upgrading the message board software. We expect minimal downtime during the upgrade, and we will attempt to complete this during low-traffic hours. We will post an exact time several days ahead of the switch.

In preparation for the upgrade, we will be performing board maintenance, such as moving boards to Lost Civilizations where appropriate. Lost Civilizations is a category for companies that have either been dissolved or acquired. The boards serve as both an archive of the old company posts, as well as a place for former employees to reminisce or reconnect, as they will remain open for posting. We may also remove some board threads that have been inactive for several years.
    Dismiss Notice

career ladder 4

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Apr 11, 2015 at 10:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was told that I made too much money and I'm being put up for career ladder four. I was just curious what the average salary might be for a level four rep. I have a lot of experience and have just recently joined AZ. Is it worth the headaches to go through the process?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure if you get a raise. What is your base now?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Almost no one is a 4 at this company. You basically have to sell your soul to get a 4 ranking, and even then, they'll do everything possible to keep you at a 3. Crawl up your DSM or RSM's a$$ as far as you can (talent is inconsequential) and you may just get there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And, once you make it as I did in 2004 you will become a target. It's not worth it.

I received a 5% raise then. Now?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sounds like my DS1 oral partner.....AZZhole at its best

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chutes and ladders?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Virtually impossible. They have purposely made cl4 unattainable. There might be 1:50 chance if that. And years with AZ means diddly squat. It might say 8-12 years to attain, but most have left AZ for more base $ with another co. by then. (bottom line) is more like 15 plus years to even be considered.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As soon as you do make it they will get rid of you because you make too much $$$.

It's not worth the ass kissing!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I made 4 as an once rep in 2006. It was a shitload of work and I was turned down the first year I submitted for it. As I remember, the raise was not all that substantial. When the once franchise imploded at the end of 2008, I was offered a spot back in primary care, where my asswipe DM continually threw it in my face and I was laid off in 2012. My oversized salary as a result of my once years and the level 4 were probably key contributing factors.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a career ladder 4 with AZ in the. $90K -$120 range if that helps.
    AZ is a good company with great benefits. If you move to biotech or into oncology you will def make more, probably closer to $130 or higher.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not worth any of the future aggravation. Easier to be a three and not deal with the bs.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Moving to career ladder 4 just means that you will hold a medal and another stripe on your uniform of a company that no longer exists as we know it in a few years. Career ladder is meant to be a career opportunity which no longer exists at AZ. All moves up are only temporary here.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who gives a rip about cl4? Seriously,it's easier to get there than stay there.yeah, maybe a few thousand bump in $$, subtract taxes and what, $3000 more? The simple math equates to $125 more per paycheck for more stress, more expectations on a consistent basis.so, ask yourself that beforehand. Stay cl3, under the radar, and you'll be A o.k.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about CL5? I heard that's pretty hard to obtain.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Used to see them paraded on video at district or regional meetings, at least on the specialty sides where people can reach higher ladders. Talking to one he said it probably wasn't worth the expectations afterwards.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

after an exceptionally great year with a product that was getting hammered and I was able to grow my share substantially I was given a 6% raise in my base. I looked at my manager and said, "You realize that you just put a huge target on my back, don't you?"

I am white, over 50, a woman, (not bad looking, dress well, kept the pounds off) I was gone in 2 years.

Continued to perform well over the next 2 years, then "gee, we are sorry, but your position is being eliminated" - Bull's Eye...!

Actually happy to have the stress out of my life. Moved over to Technology Sales, selling in the Hospital/Health Systems space; took an initial hit in my salary - bonus was better and now my salary far exceeds what I was earning here.

Can you imagine, no ride alongs, no administration bullsh**, no metrics, no signs that say " no reps allowed" - just a sales goal, hit it and all are happy.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Career ladder... It's how far you can take it up the ass each meeting. That's what progresses you. Vaseline and a sock to bite down on.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does CL5 actually still exist at AZ? I thought they were the old oncology reps who are no long gone.