Caring thought on the past year and why upper management may have lost out on 100s of millions in $

Discussion in 'Kowa Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Jun 2, 2023 at 12:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Livalo has been a great drug in a generic only dominant statin market. It has produced great revenue numbers. HCPs know how and where to use it and will FIGHT for it. My question is why did upper manager decide to neglect it the past year? DMs directed reps to focus only on SEG basically. Fill all the pharmacies (when it wasn’t possible), chase reversals, cancel all Livalo lunches and seeing your Livalo doctors less. Even the marketing team stopped producing new materials in 2021.

Will the past year revenue numbers for Livalo be lower than record years? Or has upper management missed out on another record Livalo year because they directed reps to not really focus on it at all. It may impact the last year sales of Livalo by hundreds of millions? Just a thought.

Bystolic had more attention it’s last year and sales increased even before it went generic!

Who make the decision to ignore Livalo prescribers the past year?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent point! Japan will want to know who in leadership made the decision to stop promoting the flag ship product Livalo as well.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Japan won’t be doing anything. The Tennis Pro will right this ship, and soon KPA will be deluged with co-promote suitors.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is such a softball. The answer is so simple…incompetence, derived from the Latin words of, Jeff Moore.
    If there’s anyone there as we speak, for more than 3 years….God help your decision making.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Jeff Moore and the Tennis Pro?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did anyone in Kowa corporate or on the leadership team (Marketing, Training, RBD's, etc) speak up and say, this is not a good idea not to continue to promote Livalo through its patent expiration? or did they all just fall in line and say yes to a bad idea?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m 100% sure they all fall in line and said yes. I heard they are all yes man’s to Jeff Moore. So whatever he says they follow without any questions, out of the box ideas, or suggestions like PROMOTING LIVALO FULLY THE PAST YEAR INSTEAD OF NEGLECT IT. They told sales reps to go chase pharmacy’s and reversals instead for SEG. SEG isn’t making the company money actually probably losing money. Livalo should have been 50/50 for sales reps which in the end it was ignored. Resulting in a record year of revenue and missing out on 100s of millions in revenue.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That is 100% accurate. Jeff only hires "YES" men. It's his Napoleonic complex. I have never seen a company that neglected promoting a product all the way until loss of exclusivity. Jeff is out of his depth and because he can't relinquish any control this debacle, I believe will be his Waterloo. Every Seglentis script processed loses money currently. They don't have a plan. When Kowa lost Lou, they lost the smartest guy in Montgomery and Jeffs' inability to even get a co-promote to increase revenue and slow his demise has even surprised me. The industry does have a positive feel about Kowa's ability to co-promote so what is the issue? If Jeff doesn't leave voluntarily I am not sure what will happen.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kowa is one big hairy butthole so is Jeff Moore

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree Jeff needs to go but everyone knows that won’t happen. No one speaks up mistake after mistake. You rarely hear from Jeff Moore. I guess he’s the best Kowa can get…………

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so Lou, the smartest guy is the guy that was responsible for the current bag we carry. You do realize that don’t you?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah right, that’s why he bailed right before this tire fire. Lou was the reason KPA was successful…he was probably outgunned by bow tie & definitely saw the writing on the wall. Not to mention, everyone seems to forget that, the new Elf in charge, admitted to an entire National conference call, that, “this might not have been the greatest time to launch an opioid”…. I remember that!! Y’all forget? Ben & the elf sunk Kowa.
    Great legacy….bye.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

EXACTLY! These idiots have a hard on for JM and are too stupid to understand reality and facts.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kowa is one big wide ass hole

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL. Do you actually think Jeff has a clue? Have you actually worked at Kowa? Do you not see what is actually going on?

Yes Lou is responsible for the current products in the bag. What he doesn't have responsibility for is the following

1. Lack of stocking even though they had agreements and backed out weeks before launch with CVS and Walgreens
    2. lack of marketing material. Anyone recall the 3 foot DOSING card?
    3. Lack of direction or focus on ANYTHING. Livalo or Seglentis
    4. Hiring a bunch of yes men with little to no pharma experience. Can you say Tennis Pro Jason Farley as just one example?
    5. Change of IC plan, the last unique thing about Kowa.
    6. Not rehiring openings just to help the bottom line.
    7. If you were selling an acute pain med embrace it. They are terrified and doing Seglentis a great disservice.

Get your head out of Jeff's ass and smell something else like the coffee. Incompetence knows no bounds and making excuses won't solve anything.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If I did not know better, it seems all these incompetent bad decisions by upper management were intentional acts of internal sabotage to lead Kowa off a cliff. How is it possible to have made so many mistakes, not learn from them and change direction?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hanlons Razor

Never Attribute to Malice That Which Is Adequately Explained by Stupidity.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no it’s just upper management does not have the experience but think they know it all launching an acute pain product…also neglecting Livalo until now. Because they finally realize Livalo was the ONLY revenue stream soon to go generic,