Cautious...scared about going out.

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by anonymous, Jun 28, 2020 at 9:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know we are approved to go out.. but am seriously scared. Not a young person without a care in the world... thoughts?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our Sales Director stated that you can call her directly if anyone has concerns. Call yours, or call HR directly. Skip your manager.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who in their right mind would say they feel unsafe? No one. They will go out.. and risk it for the chance to save their job. I pity those in the states that are exploding now.. It is far worse than initially..

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My biggest fear is spreading it to other family members. I’ll never forget Dr. Birx story about how her grandmother, grade school age at the time, infected an elderly family member with the Spanish flu and never got over the guilt when that person died.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just play the game that 95% of all Pharma reps play .... ten to two, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    Being in an office or hospital is not the best place to be. Astellas knows that.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So sad that someone would suggest lying.. I feel integrity is important. I feel not safe out in the field. it is scary.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No lie, just doing what you have to do in less time. Be more efficient.
    If you’re scared, start looking for another job. Your choice is suck it up or leave. You don’t think Astellas is going to pay people to stay home? Maybe they’ll let you make virtual calls. You can always go on unemployment, and let the government support you.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Talk to your manager and, if that goes nowhere, to HR. The message from leadership has been absolutely clear: you don’t have to go back out if you aren’t comfortable doing so.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please do not jeopardize your health just to keep your manager off your back. That is intimidation!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Right! And When the layoffs begin.... and they definitely will, guess who will be at the top of the list.
    HR will do whatever it needs to do to avoid lawsuits and managers will do the same. It’s CYA all around.
    Good luck.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey buttercup toughen up. You should be the first one they let go. Take precautions and get to work.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey buttercup toughen up. You should be the first one they let go. Take precautions and get to work.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

America has gone from the greatest generation to the weakest. My Grandfather fought on the frontlines in WW2 and didn’t complain. Yet we have people at ASTELLAS claiming they are scared to walk out their doors. Boohoo

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good point, my husband works in the hospital ERs everyday. That is scary, working for ASTELLAS in our accounts, not so much.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m sorry to say that COVID is going to be around for a long while so we have to figure out how to work with it. We all have to go back eventually to living our lives regardless of the situation. Just need to do it carefully

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would be shocked if Sales Ops weren't running daily ranking reports for each rep.

Imagine a weighted algorithm of Details with Samples, Detail Only, Fake Activity Calls, and HCP Meal Expenses. In a second they can have a new performance ranking for calibration next year. Set a random minimum performance standard and restructure out those under it.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that is truly scary!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I totally understand. According to Sun Pharma boards, allegedly one of their reps in FL was out making calls. The rep, her kids and her parents tested positive for Covid. God knows how many offices she may have compromised

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Precautions are warranted. But these things happen. We can’t bunker down forever; many most are ready to deal with consequences as the bunker mentality is a death sentence anyway. There is Darwinism occurring daily; those too ignorant to heed warnings and follow precautions will perish at a higher rate. I say roll the dice but hedge your bets,

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You and your integrity will be in the unemployment line very soon.