CCS Medical closing offices

Discussion in 'Endocrinology' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2012 at 8:01 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your being funny right?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Had I not met Nestor, who knows where I would be? For a few favors he got me hired, and since then he only hits me up ocassionally for favors to keep my job! He is truly a Godsend in my life! You're secret is safe with me buddy!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No! I am as serious as Snoopy dreaming about having a dog fight with the Red Baron.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL! Companies relocate distribution centers everyday. It is more difficult to relocate a corporate office than a distribution center. Texas had no problem moving corporate quickly. Keep reading those CMS manuals.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lol!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What? I thought Nestor loved me and my job was safe?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Clearwater "billing" will get their 60 day notices on Oct 31, 2012. Not sure if that means posting, A/R, refunds, etc or just some of billing. Please be aware. I did not hear this 1st hand, but would not be shocked if it was true. Please, if your not doing it now, start looking...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's official. Clearwater reimbursement employees got their 60 day notices today at 3:30.
    Effective day of separation is December 3rd, 2012. This includes all of posting, A/R and refund employees.
    Texas flew in to deliver the news and packages 2 hours prior to the announcement.
    Look for it in tomorrow's paper and on the State of Florida 2012 WARN notice site.
    All received 4 weeks minimum severance pay out.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats so thoughtful of them. Just in time for Christmas. It will certainly give us some time to relax with our families.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just out from The State of Florida; total jobs lost for this round 82 effective 12/3 through 12/21.

Roanoke...you are next!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From today's Tampa Bay Times paper.

CCS Medical, the medical supply company that has relocated its headquarters from the bay area to suburban Dallas, is laying off 82 more workers at its Clearwater operation. According to a WARN layoff notice filed with the state Thursday, the layoffs will take effect in December. In May, the company filed a layoff notice affecting 101 workers. CCS, which was the bay area's 11th-largest private company with $420 million in annual revenue, was lured to Texas a year ago by an attractive tax-incentive package.

A comment posted to article:
    was lured to Texas a year ago by an attractive tax-incentive package. - - - In other words some Texas taxpayers are giving money to a profitable $420,000,000 a year Co. Owner must be saying WOO HOO thanks for the $ !

How true that is!

Just a matter of time before the entire Clearwater building is laid off. I believe this to be atleast another 150 people, probably closer to 200. 82 laid off now is just the reimbursement areas. There are many more remaing in the other areas. They are next.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got out of there 3 weeks ago, just in time. I feel awful for the people there. What I can't believe is that some were actually surprised.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone that did not see this comming was just plain blind. Good luck to all!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some saw it coming but were just hoping for the best and relying on Jesus, others were just too lazy. Its not too late for the ones who are left, if they would just wake up and get out instead of being loyal and expecting some reward by their masters.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I myself have been looking for the past few months when people started leaving the A/R Dept. There is not many jobs in our field in Pinellas County, I was trying to avoid driving to Tampa everyday, that's why I've been holding on at CCS.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't hold on any longer bud, whoever you are. Just get the first decent paying job with a stable company regardless of the commute. When the rest of CCS staff is laid off in another couple of months you will have even more competition. Don't wait until its too late. Something tells me that after the election results the jobless rate may start going up again, so lets not wait regardless of what they may be promising you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being a pharmacist with CCS, I feel confident this company will at least give a decent severence for us. But that does not mean I can't report this place for violating there tech ratio, as well as several medicare fraud issues I have noticed in the last couple years being here from Caremark. I expect the Board should be here a couple times this week to say the least. No matter what the Texas bafoons plan for us, they still can't get around the legal requirements for Pharmacy/tech ratio. I can not tell you how many pharmacy technician functions are being handled at a building where ther is no pharmacist oversight. But fortunately I have been able to copy several pages of tech notes that should have been handled by a pharmacist in the past few weeks and faxed them to the Florida Board. Major no no for Pharmacy operations...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You said: " But that does not mean I can't report this place for violating there tech ratio, as well as several medicare fraud issues I have noticed in the last couple years being here from Caremark." - So then why are you just advertizing your intentions on this CafePharma Board instead of just reporting them? - Just do it and also report the Pharmacy Tech Managers who are assisting the Pharmacist in charge in overlooking these gross violations. Do it before someone blames you for inaction!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you are not putting your name but letting everyone know who you are by writing that you are from Caremark. I think not - - Somebody just wants someone implicated or is trying to imply that a certain Pharmacist is going to report - Nice try! Why would someone advertize who they are by saying they are from Caremark.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

severance is not a reason to stay the first severance were decent for some management and IT but what they are giving out now is no more than 2 or 4 weeks if that. DO not use that asa reason to stick around. They aredriving the company into the ground.