CCS Medical from Pharma?

Discussion in 'Endocrinology' started by Anonymous, Nov 5, 2006 at 7:35 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dis. Mngr qn. CCSMed

How is John A. to work for? Anyone know him from his previous company?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in a similar situation as some of the others on this job. I have an interview coming up. I have several years of pharma and really dont want to go back into that if i have another option and it looks like this is that option. How much will you make if you hit your goals? Do they micromanage? Could it be a decent job if my area has good managed care coverage? Does anybody have anything good to say about this company lol?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What division are you interviewing for? They are all completely different from commission structure to managers, etc...In my opinion anything is better than pharma if you want to advance your career in medical sales. Pharma is fine if that is where u want to stay. Give me more info...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interviewing for the diabetes division. I have 3 years of insulin sales experience and think i have a good shot at the job. It is in the midwest. I am also in the process of interviewing with minimed for pumps so we will see what happens. Thanks for any feedback.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

overqualified. push hard for minimed

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AGREED! I don't know too much about the diabetic division, but what I know is not good. I mean they are going through a mass hiring right now which can really only mean that a ton of reps just up and left. I heard they give you impossible goals to meet and then you make no money. But, they lead you to believe that you will make a ton! SHADY! I would stear clear of that division to be honest. And I agree with the precious post. You are prob overqualified.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

MiniMed is no better than CCS - are you kidding me? CCS would be better for quality of life.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are crazy. At least with Minimed doctors want what you sell. Have fun walking into a busy doc's office selling mail order. Believe what you hear people. There are openings everywhere with CCS for a reason. It is a pathetic company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what about the sister(?) company Sanvita? they are hiring and say money is in the 100k range... feedback? the manager is some guy named tom flynn anyone know him?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Listen sonnie, just stay in high school. Just because the hiring manager wanted you to believe how far he was able to go with his GED, doesn't mean that will happen to you. There are a ton of CCS reps with their GED that can't do squat. Get your high school diploma and then go get your associates degree in cosmetology.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK...the above response to the question about Sanvita and Tom Flynn make absolutely no sense. Read the question...answer. Pretty simple.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, its been a couple of months since anyone posted about CCS Medical. Is it still a horrible compnay? I was contacted by a recruiter about their Diabetic division. I am in LA. Anyone in LA?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Liberty Medical CCS biggest competitor ?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS is Liberty's bitch. Liberty has a tiny sales force and is still the biggest player in the mail order arena.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Save yourself from the hell-hole that is CCS Medical. The quotas are unrealisitc and go up exponentially month after month. Absolutely no resources to use in the field. Pathetic management, pathetic communication, no DTC marketing, I left big pharma for this and regret it every day...so does my wife. I am miserable and so is this company.

Do yourself a HUGE favor and stay away! AND the Sanvita spin-off is just as lame. The same inept big wigs are running the show. The execs #1 goal is to get this shitty IPO launched(go public), which is in delay for the past 2 months. It was supposed to go public on wall street in July or August I think. These guys are drooling for the moment they can get $20 a share, turn and sell much of theirs off and retire, leaving the company in the shitter...right where it belongs.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why has the IPO been delayed??

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUN!!! don't walk from CCS...just left, they are a terrible company, pay nothing and absolutely do not care about retention Plus, you really are not considered pharma...(you are a few steps below with CCS ) RUN!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS Med reps are a bunch of unhappy campers. all of them that I know are looking for other jobs and there is plenty of turnover. The management hasn't noticed, I guess, cause they still continue to "manage" all their reps out. There are a bunch of Bayer and Abbott "leftovers" in management and they don't have a clue....run,,, don't walk ,,away from CCS Med.....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The past posts are making me stay away but I am just wondering how many of the posts were written by the same disgruntled person?
    I know the goals will be high, but what is the normal working hours of a rep? How often do you ride with the boss?

I am trying to get out of pharma (been there for 2 1/2 years) because I hate pods and "marketing" but not sure if this can be a stepping stone for awhile or not.

Is it THAT horrible??

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for Sanvita and love the freedom & flexibility of my job. I knew one person who worked for CCS & hated it but it wasn't what they were looking for & they said their manager, Loretta made them miserable. I know some people love it & do very well & said if anything their bonuses have been more than they expected...so I'm not really sure what to believe. I know a lot of the people who are POSITIVE people don't even come on here or know what cafepharma is so mostly you are only going to see negative, bitter things on here. I can say that there has been a lot of disorganization with CCS & Sanvita but I will take that anyday over the micromanaging & pods/clusters I had with big pharma!!! Good luck!