Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work for the wound care division which was based in Denver. From when I started to when I ended with CCS the company seemed to be in constant disarray. There were a lot of people resigning monthly. There were a ton of patient complaints as well as employee complaints. The management as referenced by several of the post here was not balanced and it felt like they would take something that was working and ruin it. I believe managers and directors were brought in from some large pharma companies. What wound care does to generate orders is far from pharma. The sales models kept changing and new inexperienced regional managers were hired. As mentioned above, the compression pump goals were really funky. If you had a territory with a large population like TX, you could do okay but if you had a healthy state such as utah, you were pretty much screwed when TX has 30 milllion people and Utah has 3 million. There was no territory adjustment on the pump end. A few years ago we had a meeting national sales meeting in Denver. Just listening to other reps talk was truly an eye opener. It is not surprising that CCS is going Bankrupt. I would bet a divisions or two will be sold. One of the above post pretty much told it like it is.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight on the california territories? Possible Northern California opening in Diabetes and am thinking about calling the recruiter back....thanks.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can tell you across the board, the company is in bad shape. They are selling off parts (Sanvita). If you I were to give the company a grade, it would be a D and possibly an F. Employee retention is horrible. If you do, you may end up like so many. You may even post something here to save someone from wasting their time with ccs medical. I learned this the hard way. It has nothing to do with being disgruntled. Just black and white facts that can be verified. If you do go for it, good luck - you will need it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any insight in the urological market in Texas...salary, commission potential, car allowance? Any information would be appreciated!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are thinking of working for this company....don't!! I took this job out of desperation, and I am seriously regretting my decision! This is by far the most unorganized and unprofessional employer I have ever worked for. We get weekly notices of new territories opening and people leaving the company. I agree that probably 80% of the sales force is looking for something else, even in this economy. Bottom line, if you are offered the chance to interview...I would say, stay far, far away from this company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some information on CCS Medical Failed bankruptcy.

CCS Medical is simply one of the worst managed companies in the U.S. System wide, incompetent corporate leader and managers have been successful at one thing, managing to run the company into the ground. Good Job!! I wonder if they can get a corporate discount on adult diapers. I know a couple managers and head of wound care in Denver sure are smelling funny...

http://tampabay.bizjournals.com/tampabay/stories/2009/11/16/story7.html

https://www.fis.dowjones.com/article.aspx?ProductIDFromApplication=11&aid=DJFDBS0020091102e5b200001&r=Rss&s=DJFDBS

8. CCS Second-Lien Lenders Lose Bid For Committee
    Wednesday, Sep 02, 2009

The bankruptcy court overseeing CCS Medical Inc.’s reorganization won't appoint a committee to represent disgruntled second-lien lenders, leaving it to the investors to fund their own opposition to a prearranged plan that largely neglects their $110 million claims.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are some pretty good posts in this thread. I used to work for CCS Medical. I would say that most of these comments are sad but true. The commission policy went from bad to worst when I arrived. The position I held was completely different then what was explained when I interviewed. There were many ethical concerns and Hipaa Compliance issues that were swept under the carpet. There were incompetant managers and very upset employees. I was forced to resign. On the upside, I went in front of an unemployment judge representing myself vs CCS Medical being represented by my manager and the head of our division. I WON!! If you work for the company, you can resign and receive your unemployment - you don't need to be terminated or laid off. The company has slowly been self-destructing. The person that replaced me lasted 6 months. So, if you are even considering working there I would choose other options if available. I have heard there are layoffs and the company is on very shaky ground.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I am interviewing tomorrow....sales manager Teresa Martinez from FL for inside sales at a wound clinic in NC. Any word on her?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you get the wound clinic job? The MSS onsite is an interesting thing. The patients really don't have a choice since they are being led directly to you which is good for business but blurrs the line of ethics even thought they sign the patient choice letter. This company is notorious for over-supplying patients to make goal. Then there is the pumnp side where you have to sell so many to hit your goals. Many times you will place pumps on patient you know really don't need the things to do so in order for you to hit your goal. You will be an order taker. That's about it. If you take the position you may like it or look at as a step to another position with another company. If you have other options I would go with them. Many of the post here are accurate and the info. can be documented. Just be careful. Find out if this is a new clinic or did someone leave? A TON of people have quit in the last year. I think someone posted there is close to 50% attrition. I would bet many of wound care dirctors are looking too. Good luck and let me know.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They just got out of Bankruptcy . Do i need to say more!

11. In the ATL

In the ATL Guest

I am reading a lot about the wound care division but does anyone know about the diabetes sector?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would think twice. I worked for them for 5 plus years. At first it was all good, then nothing good happened. If you don't make your sales, you may as well get out fast. Nothing but drama and threats. Could say more, but I will leave it as that. Not a good company.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CCS Medical is not liked in Northern California.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had worked for CCS for over 5 years, and I can tell you first hand, that this place is not together. The management is crazy and controlling and the more that they can harrass and degrade you, the more they love it. They will harrass and accuse you of things, until they either get you to quit, or bring up bogus charges against you and find a way to fire you. That is exactly what they did to me, but the stupid thing about the management, is that they had forgotten that they had given me a 98% review only a month before they let me go. They had accused me of really stupid things, along with harrassment on almost a daily basis for about 2 years, but I was determined not to quit, and give them the pleasure of that, so i stuck it out, and they finally did fire me.....on a new trumped up charge....They tried to deny my unemployment on grounds that I was negligent in my work, but with review proof on my side, I beat the charges and received my unemployment. You have to be smart and document any and all conversations and actions taken against you, in which I did. I had 2 HUGE folders of evidence against them. They do not like anyone who has a brain and will fight you to the end. Shellie Miller the manager, loves to control and downgrade and her sidekick, Nanci Hoppe learns well from her. hahaha The director at the time, Todd, had told me that Shellie loved to be in control and would only hire people who she could manipulate to be like her, and that is exactly what she did. Nanci Hoppe is in a world of her own and feels superior, even though, she is sub standard as a supervisor, and everyone knows it but her. Sad situation over there at CCS and I am glad I am out. That experience with the company (and their stupid, unrealistic rules) and with the low grade people who run the place along with most of them that work there, was the absolute worse experience that I have ever had in my life with a company. They promise you the world when you get hired, but you quickly find out that all of that was a smoke screen to get you in. They will absolutely abuse you any time they can and TRY to make you feel low and incompetant....I am not the kind of person who feels bad on what people tell me, as I know myself, but most people will fall under their harrassment and leave broken. Dont let that happen to you....you have to be a strong person to work there, but they dont like that.
    In conclusion, CCS Medical is a joke to work for and they lie, cheat and steal from the customer to get what they want. I have heard first hand on compliance fraud and Medicare fraud, and much more. They will do anyting to get their buck.
    IF YOU WANT A GOOD JOB...........DONT WORK AT CCS MEDICAL..............(Even the managment that was any good at all, has left)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a former CCS employee who left a year ago and I completely agree with the previous post regarding improper treatment of employees. CCS creates a level of fear, intimidation, and anxiety that makes most employees question how much they want to give back to a company who doesn't seem to care about them. As for SM & NH they have no formal management training whatsoever and therefore do what comes natural to all sociopaths - manage by intimidation (and get off on it). What a shame. Unfortunately, nothing will change until these abusers are held accountable, and I hope that eventually they are. My short time at this place was a nightmare to say the least. I have never in my career been associated with such immoral scumbags as I was with CCS Medical. After reading numerous posts, I realize I'm not alone.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exact same thing happened to me. When I started in wound care most of the upper managers had resigned. I'm confident they could see this company was not heading in a good direction. The new managers they hired internally and externally were inexperienced and less than honorable. You hit the nail on the head in your post. CCS Medical does lie, cheat and steal for the $$$. When the end of month rolls around, you will find the inside and outside AE's trying to meet goal buy over supplying patients. Many times they will talk a nurse into ordering two to three times more product then patient needs. At the end of the day, the patient gets screwed. It is a sad pathetic joke. CCS is a horrible place and are filing chapt. 11. I get Bankruptcy notices weekly from the BK courts. CCS is not good, they are very unstable and they do not know what ethics are. I could go on but it's interesting that this common practice not only in wound care.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HONESTLY STAY AWAY....All seems to start off good in CCS, but eventually turns sour. They are VERY CONTROLLING, wanting to control each and every move you make and looks for ways to write you up and discredit you. I have seen more people come and go in the 3 years i was there, then ever in my working career at any company. The managment are either unqualified or the smart ones have already left the company to better ones. The human resources is a BIG JOKE....they come off like they care, when really they are there for a pay check....they could care less about anyone, and besides that, they gossip to others about you. It is unprofessional and frustrating to work with and for this company. All departments are the same as far as being dishonest, intimadating, and just plain harrassing the employees for their own benefit. If you have a brain or a mouth, they will try to harrass you until you leave or they find lame excuses to let you go. Have seen it first hand and would not recommend this company to my worse enemy. They lie, they accuse, they intimadate, and they sit back with other management and laugh at you and gossip. IT IS THE WORSE COMPANY THAT I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR IN 40 YEARS......DONT GO IF YOU WANT TO BE HAPPY.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From an internal point of view. CCS is in trouble. More and more people are resigning or getting terminated and the morale is not good even though we have made it through the bankruptcy. That is why there are so many new open jobs posted. The ads say "due to grtowth" That is a lie. It is a bad feeling when you don't know what lies around the corner. Too many people shuffling the deck. I know many outside Account Execs are not happy. I have never seen more people come and go. It's just a poorly run operation which seems to be the primary business model. We hear from all the divisions and there seems to constant friction on the inside and outside with billing, managers, unobtainable goals etc... If you are thinking about a position here I would think twice knowing what I know now and seeing what some people will do in order to hit their sales goals. It is borderline illegal. I have read every post on this board and thought I would chime in. I'm not disgruntled employee although it is not healthy be miserable with the company I work for. I'm calling it like I see it. I am however looking for a job but am thankful I am making ends meet with my current position.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As far as the Diabetes division is concerned, here is the problem:

With a base of $52k, $4000 commission per month gets you to $100k, which is what most reps aim for and were told was attainable.

According to the current comp plan, in order to make $4000 a month in commission, you need 130 total sign on credits.

Number of reps with 130 sign ons or more in 2010:

January: 8
    February: 10
    March: 12
    April: 24
    May: 13

If you average the numbers above, this year it looks like 13 reps will make $100k or more, out of 103! Not terribly motivating.

The current commission plan just doesn't work, and costs reps about $1500 to $3000 a month over the previous plan on average, some more if they are in good pump territories. The only people it benefits are those top 10 reps. Experienced reps will tell you their salaries have gone done by as much as 50% on this plan. CCS needs to make a change, or the turnover will never slow down. If they have seen some recent stability, it is only because there isn't a whole lot else out there in this economy. Options are few.

That being said, you could do worse than a job where the average rep makes $65 to $70k, but you need to know what to expect, or you will be greatly disappointed. Most people feel they were misled at hiring. There are good things to be said about the job and the people, but the money is where CCS falls short.