Celgene Stock- what does this merger mean?

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by anonymous, Jan 3, 2019 at 11:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Having Stock options does not mean shareholder. Must be exercised & held. RSUs are owning stock and therefore you are a stockholder.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes, there are reps who received that amount. I know many that received 20-25k shares.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do all unvested RSU's vest in Q3 when the merger is complete?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

At what price?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thats what is normal and all stock options are vested at completion of the buyout.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was $30,000 worth of stock in a sign on bonus, and many got screwed out of it when the last reorganization happened.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the beginning, it was 30k shares that reps received.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

nope not factual

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is some shill trying to make things sounds rosy.. NO person received that many stock option EVER to sign on at a rep level, not even close. Must be the same trolls that always talk about other subjects trying to get a reaction.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are right pure nonsense. Just braggers trying to get people jealous.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahaha. Gawd, you’re such a troll.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the FAQ document. They do not vest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The legacy reps are holding 100,000 vested shares.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When I started in 1988 stock was .32¢ Many rep level multi millionaire’s here from grants and options.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ready to retire at 55 next year.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have scientist friends at BMS and Celgene. With all the mergers over the years, one ends up knowing lots of people. I worked in Pharma for a few decades. I finally took a buyout last year. I am so glad to be off this M&A rollercoaster. Managers are typically not told anything until the night before or morning of in regards to layoffs.

The "rules" for my severance package kept changing even after my last day. Keep a hard copy of everything before you walk out the door, keep contact info from HR. I had to send my acceptance letter of severance package immediately after receiving it by express mail. Some sent it a few days later and their severence was delayed. This happened at the end of year. Don't assume they will be fair. Be prompt in your responses, they will be aggressive in trying to contain costs. I ended up leaving my stock options in place for now. The company sold some of them without my input to pay income taxes. Good Luck!