Celgene

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Jan 3, 2019 at 7:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pfizer style is firing at least half of its own reps and hire 25% of acquiring reps

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

YES EXACTLY! I’m riding it out and then praying to leave with my generous severance and equity. I definitely do NOT want to be retained.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sweet dreams buttercup

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem is that BMS has all the toxicity of big pharma, without any of the benefits.

We will be giving Celgene all the bad (metrics, reach and frequency, 1995 belief in speaker programs, pre calling planning VEEVA, multitude of meetings, compliance infection in everything) that big pharma is infamous for while bringing along none of the good (robust operational support, strong trade support, strong contracting prowess, deep financial commitment to contracting, expertise with ACOs, IDNs, and concierge practices).

We were top 5 in 1985. By 2000 the die were cast. We've been hanging on since then, pretending to be big and good and now, as a last gasp we got lucky and are going to steal a stable full of near term assets. Celgene talent will be devestated (unless you are in dermatology) and our infection will have a new host for another 10 years.

If you are severed, consider yourself fortunate.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

on the hem/onc side there is no contracting with Rev or Pom. Abraxane is the only contracted product and that is so limited in what can be done as the legal team has tied the hands of mkt access.
    Celgene is acting like big pharma and is not the nimble organization it was a few years ago! We won’t notice much difference at all.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Celgene may not be the nimble company it once was, but you don't think Celgene employees will notice a change to BMS?

BMS does $21 billion in sales with 24,000 employees. Celgene does $14 billion in sales with 8,000 employees. That means that BMS has 1.5 times more sales but 3 times more employees. The layers and layers at BMS will be a shock even to the Celgene of today.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes they will notice the overall size/ numbers but Celgene has added layer upon layer the past 4 years! So they should be used to it to some degree!
    Many hope they get a package

8. smithj39

smithj39 Guest

Shut it down: everyone knows and has know CELG is on it's deathbed. Useless company with a patent cliff a size of Mariana Trench. shareholdersforbristol.com is NOW the most important part of the interwebs.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when are the first layoffs? Before or after August?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ditto
    I’ve heard both...Lay offs in July, and I’ve heard December

Anyone know?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard otherwise. I am hearing we will have our own tune up third week of July. Not deep, but allows us to jettison bottom dwellers.

DayOne is August 15th. We will have 6 of the top 8 positions. Then the integration begins and the deepest cuts will come to Celgene, particularly their Abraxane and Isodax teams along with the Rheumatology component of Otezla.

We will all be in our new territories and at a National Meeting the week before Thanksgiving. I heard Orlando or Atlanta.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone know any details about cuts in R/D?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully Celgene uses the merger as an excuse to cut the using slobs.

There's more than a few people in my department that need the axe. Lazy and useless.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BMS has had the “primary care” model which has shown over and over to be ineffective. They can get the same sales numbers with 1/3 of the sales force. This will be a great opportunity to get rid of the lazy managers who suck. Management knows who they are. I can imagine it will be in November, their usual timeframe.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We should adopt Celgene's field sales force model - very small number of reps, large territories, limited resources, limited support. They have about 1/10 of what we have in commercial sales, yet they outsell us. Look at their sales productivity by sales forces. Wow.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Niche product that is basically the only option for some cancers, prices jacked year after year, zero meaningful R&D. Not hard to sell a fuckload with limited effort.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally agree! Witnessed many new green reps come into growing territories to win awards with zero to minimum effort. IMIDs sell themselves.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so you morons think you “sell” something? These oncology drugs get used because of you?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ummm, obviously. I spent 30 hours a week contaminating water sources and giving people cancer.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually that was our friend's over in North Jersey up off route 10.