Challenger Sales Model

Discussion in 'BiogenIdec' started by anonymous, Aug 11, 2020 at 2:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So I guess training is about to launch this non-sense but why now in this new Covid world truly boggles the mind!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

folks, welcome to big pharma hell. Another prime example of how Biogen lost its way years ago. Oh well, collect the check and shake your head.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny, I saw this thread at the top of the Forums. I work for a big pharma company who bought into and launched the Challenger model years back. Purchased the books, had the guy speak for us at our POA meeting, the whole works. It turned out terribly, didn't work for our customers ( who were most likely bombarded by other companies with this method already), and our company ultimately scrubbed it and admitted it was a bad idea. This was around 4-5 years ago.

Good luck with this!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am having second thoughts about this job. . This sales model is horrible and stupid. I just collect a check

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

welcome to big Pharma! I Challenge you to prove me wrong

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes this is indeed more evidence of how far Biogen has fallen from a decent biotech years ago to nothing more than a Rethread big pharma company today.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I actually use this model, learned it in college at my device job and surpassed people with more experience than me in small pharma lol. Reps that used this model did surpass reps that didn't after the 2009 recession so its worth practicing how to probe and be brief with the right questions. I think its important to just play the game everyones just pretending to work so if it doesn't work for you just put on a show for your manager so we aren't headaches.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Correct.

Just play the game.

Sure, the Challenger model is at best generally useless & at worst it pisses off our doctors.

It's annoying.

But the six figure checks for a couple hours of "work" each day more than make up for it.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are an idiot. "you learned the sales model in college" HOW STUPID
    the people who sell the sales model are the ones getting rich. anyone can do well if they ask good questions and use common sence and dont listen to their stupid manager
    I won hall of honor by NOT listening to the morons at my previous company especialy my moronic manager

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That attitude won’t cut here son. Be glad that you’re not on my sales team. I’ll just leave it at that.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another Directional State University graduate. Go kick rocks

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You learned it in college?? This is precisely the problem. It's for young, green idiots that don't have experience in sales. The ROI on these sales models are totally not worth it with an experienced sales team. Experienced reps with a decent track record is worth spending money on, NOT sales model after sales model. Big Pharma is all the same no matter where you go. SMH.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The hubris of salespeople always makes me laugh. You act as if God laid his hand upon you and blessed you with incalculable sales skills at birth. In truth, you learned multiple models and ultimately settled on something that works for you. Add in, you’re probably not nearly as good as you think you are; otherwise, you wouldn’t be in pharma.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's why GM is invest