Change to severance plan.

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by anonymous, Oct 28, 2019 at 11:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey all, I was going through the SEC filings to figure out where in the severance agreement it stated BMY could reduce equity after 1 year and make Celgene employees ineligible for "Good Reason" severance. Or where it states after 24 months they can change bonuses and salary without qualifying employees for Good Reason severance.

I have not seen anything that amends this paragraph. in any SEC filing.

“ Good Reason ” means, for an Eligible Employee, the occurrence of any of the following events, unless the Eligible Employee has consented thereto:

(i)a material reduction in the Eligible Employee’s (1) annual base salary or (2) target annual cash incentive compensation opportunity and target annual equity incentive compensation opportunity, in the aggregate;

(ii) a material diminution in the Eligible Employee’s duties and responsibilities (other than temporarily while the Eligible Employee is physically or mentally incapacitated or as required by applicable law);

(iii) a material adverse change in the Eligible Employee’s reporting relationships; or

(iv)a relocation of an Eligible Employee’s primary work location that results in an increase to the Eligible Employee’s one-way commute by 30 miles or more;

I ask because in the company documents on the intranet it basically says you cant get the severance for

A reduction in equity after 31DEC2020 or a reduction in annual pay or bonus after 31DEC2021.

Just wondering if this would have to be spelled out in an SEC filing to be a legitimate thing. Since the acquisition agreement already states what "Good Cause" was.

Thanks for the opinions.