Channel Account Directors

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 12, 2016 at 10:52 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

..........and you my dear sir, are a profane idiot that can't express himself in English.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just curious were you a Channel Account Director, I thought they were called something else back then.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ram

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 different position. I knew you had no idea what you were talking about. Were you thinking the RAMs brought no value? Just curious.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

who said that ?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the J Perri

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[ lived alone....never married ? ]

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Male or female, also were you a Channel Account Manager or a RAM?

Thanks

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

same thing

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Male.
    RAM - Regional Account Manager-small accounts (about 8-10 total) In general, plans with fewer than 400K lives. The NAM's had larger accounts-eg-Humana, United Health Care, PacifiCare et al.
    I had never heard of a CAD until I saw this post, and no idea what they do.
    When I was promoted from field sales into the RAM position, it was called SB Managed Care Division. Our plans were mostly HMO's, and as you likely know, these days larger plans offer a variety of different plans-eg-HMO, PPO et. al.
    Our division was the first formal MC Div. in the nation. We had about 20-25 total RAM's, NAM's and Directors in the entire division. (and a VP of course.) The division was made up of former District Sales Managers, Product Managers, a few Wholesale Managers and 2 of us from field sales.
    Left after 11 years in the division to take an opportunity with a very small company that was forming their first Managed Markets Division. I started as a RAM, and in one year was promoted to NAM. We only had 8 people in the division when I started, and grew to over 20 in 2 years. As a NAM, I ran into one of your NAM's in the lobby of an account called Anthem BCBS. (I had known this guy for a very long time and he was quite shocked.)
    The compensation package was so great, I will not even post it here. They thought Pfizer and GSK RAM's walked on water. ( ha ha-not really of course-but for THEM we did.)
    Your welcome, JM.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Must be same poster. Wonder why they all " left " GSK and went with other companies.....if they had such a wonderful position ? Many were fired for not working, and also GSK found out they were not productive.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JM,

I take it that you worked for Dennis White, the only question I have for you if you have retired a wealthy man, just post your name. I wish I was in your position as i was laid off 2 years ago.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lots of foolishness by a bragging rep who was fired [ deselected ].

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry to hear about your situation. I guess I was lucky. I worked in Dennis Whites' division, but did not report directly to him. We had several Directors during my tenure, who reported to Dennis. It is refreshing to hear honest and respectful questions. (unlike the so super transparent posts of jealousy-eg-the one below yours.)
    I have heard it is very challenging to get another job when your are unemployed. Maybe you can check with some very small companies (through a headhunter) and if it was a true layoff, possibly you have paperwork that indicates such. (ie-not being terminated.) I left while still employed by GSK. If that is difficult for you, I may suggest looking into disposables or diagnostics since they are typically more commission based, and are willing to "take a risk" since may used the "Jack Welsch theory" when he was CEO of GE) and cut the bottom 1/3 no matter how well they perform. ie-if you have 10 reps in your district, they cut about 3. It is the old theory that "we are constantly improving" in all areas.
    Keep in mind, if you are with one of those companies, and still employed you can then go back to pharma interviewing if you do not like your current company or quality of life.
    All the best to you.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When you are old and gray, in your rocking chair on your front porch.........you will think back at what you did for a living........and wonder why you did not shoot for the moon and test yourself to the fullest......but you stayed in a dead end job cozy and warm.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, I look back remembering fondly our President in my early years in MC made 250K per year. I am very certain he worked a lot more hours than I did. So, I figured I made about 10 times more PER HOUR worked. We had 3-4 "home office days" meaning the office in our home--not the corporate home office. I NEVER had to move. Sweatpants and my headset. (about 3 hours a day) When a customer call was set, I flew 1st class (on MY own freq. flier points) & drank all the way to the city of my destination. Ate dinner at a nice hotel bar. (nothing like a good steak at the bar with drinks. Of course I only submitted the "total receipt" that did not show drinks--just a total spent.)
    Ahhhh. I could never have had a better career. (well-unless I were an NFL quarterback!)
    All the DM's and reps were obviously very jealous. I hear these days you only hire from the outside and they are RPH's. Bummer that YOU have no career path. What would a DM say if you ask about a career path. I can predict that. "You take your job seriously as a rep and do your best." I would not have taken a DM job (and I had opportunities) for double my salary as a RAM. They get "your best day" calling on pharmacies until 6pm, and they do it M-R, then swamped with conf. calls on their office day which is usually Friday. The most calls I ever made in a week were two. (that happened about 3 times/year) We were COACHED by our Directors to stick to a "script" so they could justify THEIR jobs and keep them!) So, we had a story that we were totally "integrated" within the account. eg-customers were CEO, CFO, Pharmacy Dir, case workers, formulary members (which were kept secret within the plan of course), and several more which I cannot remember. We called on Pharmacy Directors only and rarely an RN case worker. OK. One other job I would have liked better would have been a starting pitcher for the Reds. Nothing else. Best job in the nation. Sorry about the evolution of the "sales rep job." Get some guts and sell devices. You would never try it. Commish can be frightening huh??? I did it for a J&J company in neuro equipment for 2 years and booked fast to get back to pharma for my cakewalk!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You never learned to be concise did you ? Like a speech, we all lost you after the third sentence. Ho Hum . Learn to be short and sweet, that's what we all want.