Dismiss Notice
Links from our daily front page news are now being fed to this board. If you want to comment on any of the news articles, you can now do so there.

Chantix suicide numbers are out

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2007 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. SilkTieGuy

SilkTieGuy New Member

Oh, right! Sorry, I must have forgotten myself there for a second. I would feign ignorance, tell the doc that we haven't gotten any official reports, that there haven't been any changes to the P.I. yet, that I kind of heard something like that a while back, and would he like me to send a Medical Inquiry for him.

Lord knows I'm not a "Health Care Consultant." What was I thinking? I'm just a drug rep. Shit! I need to keep telling myself that! I'll just keep up with the nodding and smiling. Thanks!

Oh, yessir. Just sign riiiight there!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Medical Inquiry won't get you any actual numbers.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Aren't those US numbers? What about the UK?

4. SilkTieGuy

SilkTieGuy New Member

You don't think I know that, shitwit?

I was listing off all of the bullshit answers we're supposed to give when we're backed into a corner with a valid question.

Maybe you need to read your module on objection handling again. I think it's titled: "Bullshitting 101 -- The Pfizer Way"

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is not a joke and I resent those on this board making suicide jokes or claiming that there is no validity to the Chantix-suicide link.

My father was happy, fulfilled, had a 1 year old granddaughter, great job making great money, no debt, beautiful house, and was retiring in a few years. He had no previous depression or psychological issues of any kind and no indication of suicide. Yet, 6 months ago, after taking Chantix for 2 months, he went into a field near his home and shot himself with a rifle. I lost my hero, my daughter lost her grandpa, my grandfather lost his son, my aunt lost her brother, and my husband lost his best friend.

How funny is it now? This is happening, and families are losing loved ones. Our family will never be the same. Maybe you should think before you write.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't you notice anything at all during thes two months?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh shut up!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wrote- "This is not a joke...."

First of all, what uncaring, self-centered person would tell me to "shut up" when I am writing about recently losing my father. No matter what you think about the Chantix link, have some compassion for a fellow human being who has been through a difficult time.

In reply to "Did you notice anything over the past months".... We did notice that my dad was more on edge and quick to snap at us, which was very unlike him. He seemed somewhat withdrawn also and seemed to have some trouble focusing and remembering things. These were never bad enough to give us any indication of what was to come! All I know is that my dad was happy, with no problems before Chantix, and 2 month later was gone.

I just hope this is a warning to those on Chantix now, or with loved ones taking it, to either stop the medication or to be closely aware and closely monitored by their doctor.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#1 You can quit smoking without a drug
    #2 Cancer can be prevented with simple life style choices, which you don't need a drug for to get you to quit smoking
    #3 This is just another "quick fix" drug, that instead of teaching people to go out in the sun (sun=vitamin d production), get off their lazy ass and do some exercise, throw away the, pizza, McDonalds food, soda etc etc etc..(unlimited list)......, delivers this message, "Eat like a pig, sit on your fat ass, as long as you pop a pill you'll be fine."

The pharmaceuticals have done quite some good. But did you ever think that there is a line that you SHOULD'NT CROSS. The pharmaceutical industry has gone WAY overboard.

And again, here is something I found on the web which gives you just one example of how you have been deceived by T.V. news, FDA and pharma all your life against natural medicine.

mercola.com/foxone

FYI, I do not own this webpage, neither have I ever met anyone working on it. I simply found it, and am now using it as some proof material.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the suicides count towards the % of people that stopped smoking ? Cause that would be a good thing right ?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

30,000 suicides? Even if they weren't all chantix, I wonder how many of these people are on some kind of drug!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, 55 reported to commit suicide on Chantix. And the rest commits it on other drugs (especially psychotropic)! And kids commit massacres in school on their "medication".

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is some wikipedia for you

"Harris was prescribed the anti-depressant Zoloft by his family doctor. Shortly afterwards, Harris reported having suicidal and homicidal thoughts.[32] Harris was then switched to a similar drug Luvox. At the time of his death, Harris had therapeutic Luvox levels in his serum. Some analysts, such as psychiatrist Peter Breggin, have argued that one or both of these medications may have contributed to Harris' actions. It has been claimed that side-effects of these drugs include increased aggression, loss of remorse, depersonalization and mania.[33]"

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above is columbine btw.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea I found out the same thing. The only common denominator in all those shootings were that the kid is on some form of psychotropic drug!