Christmas Gift

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Nov 7, 2018 at 10:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any word on if were gonna get something this year? Also, what and when if anything?

PS
    Yes I know I’m lucky to have my job right now
    I don’t care if you think this question is insensitive
    I can already predict the angry smart aleck replies so go to another thread and be predictable

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would assume we would get something. When I do not know...in December would be my guess

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hopefully a severance or an early retirement plan

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If something is sent out, great, esp. like last year, but it is poor form to talk about it on a public forum. Particularly when some were recently cut. Be thankful and please just keep things to yourself or within your teams.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s completely appropriate to ask. $250 Amazon cards again, due to arrive the second week of December. Thanks Novo

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s perfectly fine to ask. It’s going to be another $250 Amazon gift card shipped out the second week of December.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No Apple Watch 4 with EKG app?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They better ship them out before Dec 14th. That way I get my goodbye gift. Lol.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here come the self-righteous pogues who feel inclined to tell you that you should be in mourning for those who were recently cut. You’re apparently not allowed to ask about any benefit or perk of your job for some undetermined amount of time. They’ll give you the signal when they’ve decided that it’s ok for you to do so. Until then, just hang your head in shame and talk in whispers when discussing your job.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm moving on like many. I will say that Novo treats their employees well. I never got a Christmas gift at j&j or the b2b company I sold at. My bonus structure was higher than my previous big pharma companies, my benefits were way better, and at one point it was fun to sell the drugs in our bag. A lot has changed since the Martin Soeter days but the benefits and perks are still top notch. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

WOW!!! Martin Soeters!!! Now there's a name I haven't heard for an eternity! Larry Green, Martin Soeters, Mike (what's-his-name)... Those were great days, indeed!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

His last name is Dwyer. Knew him when he worked for a division of Miles Biologicals. Great guy. If my memory (what's left of it) still works, he lost his job for not being fully invested in an early expansion. The number of reps who disembarked from the QE2 in May of 2005 was the max number of reps Novo ever really needed. Since there is no control group, this is just speculation; each wave of expansion after 2005 barely paid for itself. Just look at the layoffs over the last few years. There are more to come. Looks like Mike Dwyer was on to something in 2005!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, Mike was a pompous ass who liked to degrade others in public. One too many shouting matches with his boss is what got him fired. Regardless of whether he was right or wrong about the sizing of the sales force, he never carried himself professionally, which ultimately resulted in the loss of his job.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AGREE! 550 reps was just about perfect. 2 reps per pod. Maybe a few dozen more just to split some of the bigger metro areas, but that's about it. We should have been allowed to call on Endo AND Primary Care. That allowed us to keep our sales skills more finely tuned, and carry "Best Practices" in our back pockets.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Keep in mind, we also only sold NM 70/30 and Novolog and only did about $1 billion in sales. I think aspirations got a bit higher and products became more plentiful. That salesforce was fun and small, but not equipped to grow us into the company that we became.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And we didn’t have to put up with this Diversity crap. I preferred it when it was just us.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for your input Adolf.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What!? What you posted has nothing at all to do with what I posted. If you have a problem with something besides white males in the workplace, you can start your own thread with that one.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Disagree... we simply would have placed new focus on new products, while maintaining the previous. Each new product doesn't need a new sales force. Doctors know us for "Diabetes," and new products give us NEW reasons to gain access - NOT to introduce new personnel at the same time. I will always believe that the disruption in the "faces" of Novo have been our biggest liability. Our doctors trusted US and listened to US, no matter what we were selling. New faces and forceful personalities brought more skepticism than 'share of voice.'

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe...when we were only competing against Lilly, who wasn’t really competing against us. They had moved on for a while to drugs like Prozac and Zyprexa, and left us with virtually no competition. When we entered the basal market, we couldn’t cut it with a small sales force. We were outnumbered and physicians had a love affair with glargine. You might not like where it eventually landed us, but, at the time, it was the right thing to do.