Christmas Gifts

Discussion in 'Novo Nordisk' started by anonymous, Nov 11, 2016 at 2:09 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any predictions?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard no. Basically, you have a job so...Merry Christmas.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've heard a $1000 Amazon gift card. In order to afford it, we had to go through some lay offs.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100 Way to Go Points.

Confirmed.

"That's the gift that keeps on Giving the whole year."

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, $20 in real value then? Sweet.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Myself and 999 others just lost their jobs and you are going to bitch about a Christmas gift? I swear, the people at this company and particularly those that have only been here are completely clueless to the rest of the world.

But don't worry, we will be watching from the outside at your collapse (which is already happening) and we will smile each step of the way. Good luck next year when you drop another 500 directly from the field.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quit being so dramatic.
    Only you and 481 were let go, not 1000 total.

See, Novo cares about their people, that's why these "moves" will always be under the number of 500 people. That way WARN doesn't kick in.

You need to move along, quit check OUR CafePharma board.

BTW, thanks for the enlightenment.
    Like those still here, don't know what's going on.

Just Riding It Out til the next one.

Crank Up the Pain!!!!!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so the field needs to drive sales to ensure no layoffs happen. And oh by the way we're going to wipe out your budget for the last month. So, if your numbers go down because you can't do lunchtime appointments (which in many parts of the country are essential for best selling time) then we can have layoffs. No self-fulfilling prophecy there...

Regarding the gift, if we get one, I think it may be the last one for a lot of us. I bet we lose a ton of our best who leave before the axe falls. I'm hoping to be gone before the hiring freeze and new optimaization announcement comes.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm guessing you're the moron that also commented on the 2014 stock price.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Emails came out from DBMS late Friday afternoon. Sorry if you didn't get one, and still have a good feeling about this place.

All HCP meals from reps are to end this Friday, through the remainder of '16.

Start Up The Band.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just where do you think "our best" are going to go?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is life after Novo

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

well, let's see. I know of reps that have gone to specialty device, other specialty positions in different disease states, other diabetes companies, and even (gasp!) other industries making the same amount as we do. Do you really think that being in a pod of three selling a new and improved version of a 90 year old product and a once a day product, in a once weekly environment, is the pinnacle of someone's sales career?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its the most wonderful time of the year. Amazon gift card would be nice.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a different answer for that other poster: I know of a couple of reps that went back to school for nursing or PA degrees, several reps that have worked at different companies over the past handful years (fired from each). A small number have started their own businesses (house painting franchise, corporate recruiting, "pharma sales consulting"). The overwhelming majority of tenured reps and managers that I know ended up either working for smaller pharmaceutical companies for much less money, or are in contract sales. According to them, contract employees make 33%-40% less than what we make, and they're always afraid of losing the big contract. I am a 22 year industry vet, and my contemporaries were/are older with higher salaries, tons of awards, and gray hair. Maybe thats the difference? By the way, I'm not afraid of the pending cuts, because I invested in a franchise when I was in my low 30s. We're doing very well, so a layoff with a year or so severance wouldbt be great, per se, but I wouldn't end up drowning my sorrows on LinkedIn and FB!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you understand how price cuts and stupid ignornant Bernie are affecting the company. It's down 42% in value since January. Innovation is hampered by cost...insurance companies say they won't pay more for an oral insulin. So all the T1DM kids and their parents will have to keep injecting them 5 times a day, or keep their pump. It sucks about the current events, but how can nNI justify any gifts , whether for the US sales force or in EU, when the stock is down so much??? I mean the company has been more than generous when they were doing well. It's this mentality of entitlement that is making you all unhappy. Snap out of it! Think of something constructive to do..like have the PBMs not strangle the entire industry. You should be pissed off at the PBMs oligarchy, not NNI. Look at how much goes into delevloping and producing insulin. The costs in all of that, controlled storage, quality controls, bureaucracy, clinical trials. Start bitching about insurance companies who are charging $45 tier 2 copays for retired Americans, raising premiums and deductibles for working Americans, and then offering pennies on the dollar for meds, and blaming it all on drug companies.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lets take it a step farther (further?). Look what that pissed off mom did by highlighting Mylan's egregious price increases on Epi-Pen. We should get a non-partisan group do the same to the insurance companies.
    Those guys are screwing the public and small businesses with annual premium increases of 11-16%! Some of them have been nailed because they have profits of several hundred million BUT THEY DONT PAY TAXES BECAUSE THEY'RE "NON-PROFIT"!

The nonprofit status of some Blues outfits has been a point of contention. While some companies are publicly traded, such as Anthem, others have maintained a nonprofit status. Blue Shield of California was stripped of its state tax-exempt status in August 2014, but the news was announced this March. The California Franchise Tax Board revoked its status, which the payer has held since it was founded in 1939, after a state audit. Though no information has been released, the tax-exempt status was likely removed because Blue Shield of California was holding $4.2 billion in its financial reserves, which is four times larger than BCBSA requires its members to hold to pay claims, according to NPR.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blaming Bernie for this will get us nowhere. That ad hominem technique will not work this time. I hope we have some very smart people working on this, because its going to be a rough ride. If we have some bespectacled nerd with a Eurotrash 'tude defending our price increases on 60 minutes or 20/20, we're hosed. The night show liberal talking heads will kill us.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The market is too saturated with new entities, combo therapy, and to argue oral insulin is an answer won't pass the Congressional chalk test.

Think about what Medtronic, Wisconsin based HQ, and how much they would lose on the device side with oral insulin?

Then factor all the other US based company's vested interest in the market.

Note above Medtronics HQ given politics. What if Medtronic purchased an insulin producer out of India for there devices?

There are so many moves on the board and Novos market capital continues to fall. What's the Put/Call ratio? Still paying that inflated dividend?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The market is too saturated with new entities, combo therapy, and to argue oral insulin is an answer won't pass the Congressional chalk test.

Think about what Medtronic, Wisconsin based HQ, and how much they would lose on the device side with oral insulin?

Then factor all the other US based company's vested interest in the market.

Note above Medtronics HQ given politics. What if Medtronic purchased an insulin producer out of India for there devices?

There are so many moves on the board and Novos market capital continues to fall. What's the Put/Call ratio? Still paying that inflated dividend?