Circle of Excellence

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by anonymous, Feb 10, 2017 at 11:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When are the winners usually announced?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As soon as they are finished drawing the names out of the hat.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

As soon as they're done selecting those they want to party with in Cabo.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

think it's usually mid to late march

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Incorrect - learn the process moron. They place all the territories on a spinning wheel in random order. It is sort of like the Super Bowl pool you just won. You put your name in a square and once all the squares are filled up they place the numbers across and down in random fashion until filled. Then the game is played and each quarter they determine interim winners (quarterly payouts) but then at the end anything can happen. Just like this year in the Super Bowl. Who would have thought 8 and 8 would be the 4th quarter box that wins right? Well it is the same here. Your term #s are put into the spots and we spin the wheel. Then you win or you lose - usually based on some mysterious thing called your baseline, % of growth and managed care factors. These are secret numbers kept in the Book of Operations that no one can see or access. What you also need to know is that at the beginning of the year your DSM and CBD can go in and add or subtract the value of your wheel spot depending on how much they like you or want to drive you off. So that is how it is done, don't be mislead by the person saying they use a hat.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A lot of truth to this post. Especially the part about the CBD and DSM handling the magic wand to make their heroes look like superstars.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe this. All year my boss was rooting for me, then I pissed my boss off. I am very close to winning, so close that it's a shoe in. But now the boss is back peddling saying they don't know if I will make it. Kind of a "reset" of my "expectations In my opinion.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. News Flash, Senior Leadership doesn't give two shits in a port-o-john who wins or who has won or who has won multiple times. None of them could name a single winner from last year unless they got stinking drunk and made an ass out of themselves or someone's titty came out during the formal dinner function. In which case they probably got promoted. The truth is that when they draw you name for termination or layoffs nothing or nobody will save you. So if you win, enjoy the free trip but don't be fooled into thinking you did something special or that this somehow makes you a hero in the eyes of the Wilmington brass.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tosh you nailed that one on the head. And we could give two shits about sitting and making goo goo eyes at your sorry ass. Go fuck yourself

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is pathetic! Who in their right mind would want circle of excellence anyway!!!!!.... Looks good on yur resume possibly....fucking lie about awards. Everyone does it. The trip sucks with all the AZ dumb fucks. I know because I've been there.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I cannot believe someone spilled the beans on how this is done. No one can see the Book of Operations. Keep them in the dark with the MyFSIP link and let them harbor hope that they someday can sit poolside with Tosh and Dom.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HQ source here. The ugly truth about Circle of Excellence is that this trip was never about us. It was always a tax free vacation for Senior Leadership and their spouses or significant others. The criteria for selection is also a total fraud. We all know that, with multiple reps carrying the same products calling on the same customers' that even if they could measure our impact (which they can't) and even if our forecasts were half way accurate (which they aren't) it is at best a lottery of chance. And the best proof that this is a fraudulent program is that over 50% of the winners leave the company within 3 years of winning. Many of those that leave do not leave voluntarily. So if you win, have a great time and try to avoid having to interact with any of the backstabbing assholes who will see you as a threat now. But don't think you have done anything special because nobody in Senior Leadership could name two reps from last years event.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think it's time to rename this great competition. How about this? the "CIrcle Jerk" of Excellence....Sounds more like it!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Partly because most of those leaders are gone..think about it!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is always the first class passengers that deplane or head for the lifeboats when there is a emergency on-board. Top talent or Senior Leaders do not leave great and successful organizations with opportunity for advancement; they flock to them.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Wilmington Brass" ??? ROFL ... dumb shit there are no "Brass" in wilmington... didnt you see Pascal's hedge clippers remove the nuts from every sr leader in the US ?? you aint nutin but a numba... count down to RIF

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quote from Warren Buffett:

Good management produces good results. Bad management produces bad results.

Soon AZ will have to compete on price. Now management knows this, and should have know the day of reckoning is coming.

AZ will be a generics manufacturer, if she stays afloat, soon. I'm talking like 6 months, because the POTUS is a serious businessman. And he is true.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good ol Warren.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He has accomplished much rhetoric and confusion.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can someone please explain to me how a manager gets to go to COE and yet no one from his team goes/made it yet we were all ranked in the in the top 20s spot and miraculously dropped 60 spots out of COE...but again the manager gets to go?