Class action suit vs. Nobel Biocare

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 5, 2010 at 11:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about the Poor Patient?
    My son {in his 50s} went to a highly reputable dentist and had a NOBEL ACTIVE impllanted.
    Within a short time, before the crown was placed, he suffered severe pain and the implant had to be removed. To make things worse, the bone loss was so bad that another implantation is now not possible. My personal research has found that almost all this dentist's implant failures occured within a few week period using the Nobel product.
    What should my son do now?????????????????

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get a bicon short implant that might help. No bone loss and bacterial sealed connection, more than 25 years clinical evidence!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shit happens. Who's to say your son didn't follow post-op protocol and he's the reason the implant failed?

And how did you do "personal research" on this dentist's confidental patient files to come to your conclusion?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Way to help. And for some great money management, call Bernie Madoff.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me get this right. Your son, in his 50s, has an implant failure, and you turn to Cafepharma to find out what to do? So you are an estimated 75 years old, researching dental implants by name on Cafepharma? And your research shows that this Dentist's failures happen in the first few weeks? The office staff must be very generous with their failure history to give this info away........This is BS. No old man/woman is gonna research their 50 year old sons implant failure case. Quit trying to start bs posts about the active implant. It works great when it is placed properly in the right type of bone. Just pathetic what people fake to try and stir up some controversy.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SHAME, SHAME ON YOU. I am actually 78. I should hsve guessed that "most" people that monitor these posts at these late dates are company plants or lawyers. I can guarantee you that everything that we have done is ethical and above board. I hope you can say the same!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Considering that your own research shows a 1% higher failure rate, and that the long term survival rate of that implant is still unknown because you slapped your surface on it when you bought it from Alpha-Bio, and the fact that there is nothing "active" about the surface, only the drive technique (which can "actively" take it anywhere-including into danger), why jump on this guy who is obviously upset an concerned that his family member had a bad outcome? If I had a family member with a medical failure you can bet your ass I would check out the implant, the company, and the clinician's track records. Wouldn't you do the same?

Unfortunately, your company (Nobel Biocare) is behind the curve in R&D, in sales, in staffing... Shoot- the only thing you have been good at is watching your customers leave for other implant companies and firing your reps.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This implant has unpredictable, widespread bone loss and a poor connection. So it fits in nicely with the rest of the Nobel lines.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I fully agree with your comments, and it is a real shame that people could get that low. In response to the problem your son had with the NobelActive implant, allow me to say that I am in contact with opinion leaders, who obviously get paid by Nobel, and in private conversations, they have mentioned to me that they are having tremendous failure rates and big prosthetic problems with this implant. So, you are very right about your comments and about your concern.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who are these so called "opinion leaders" and if there are such people, why don't they do something about it? The longer they wait, the more they hurt the patients and practitioners who believe in the product. This will then trickle down and eventually bite NObel again in the behind.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys all will love the upcoming reports on the failure potential of the Ti-Unite surface. The independant studies and reports are all starting to come out. Nobel better sell their company off to a pharmaceutical that can handle the future problems because I think they knew better.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am wondering if any patients are willing to pursue a suit against Nobel. My implants are failing due to extreme bone loss. My records indicate Nobel implants were used and I am about to have additional bone grafts, sinus lift, and hopefully new implants. I would like to pursue a calss action case against Nobel as a victim of their inferior product. My dental surgery is goint to cost about $15,000 minimum, plus all of the pain and suffering I have experienced for years.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How come Biomet 3i wasnt sued first? Very strange. I would have thought that would be the small hurdle to make the others fold.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you have had success with your more recent dental surgery.
    Have you had any interest in your proposed class action lawsuit?

I am the 78 (now 80) year old father who wrote earlier...

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're 80 and will die soon. Look at the patient consent form you signed with the surgeon and live with it.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME AGAIN! ONLY A COMPANY PLANT WOULD BE MONITORING THIS THREAD THIS CLOSELY.
    FIRST:
    MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS. MY NOTE WAS NOT ADDRESSED TO YOU.
    Originally Posted by the 78 (now 80) year old father who wrote earlier...
    "I hope you have had success with your more recent dental surgery.
    Have you had any interest in your proposed class action lawsuit?"
    SECOND:
    GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.
    THIS THREAD IS ABOUT MY SON, WHO IS NOT A SENIOR CITIZEN.
    THIRD:
    YOU MUST BE ONE OF THOSE WHO BELIEVES IN EUTHANASIA. WHY WASTE TIME
    AND MONEY ON PROVIDING PROPER CARE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS WHEN IT MIGHT
    INTERFERE WITH YOUR INCOME AND THAT OF THOSE WHO YOU REPRESENT.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to jump in on this. If you truly are a patient son, then google Nobel Biocare Class action lawsuit, you will find plenty of resources. By poking your nose into a dental implant rep blog, one can help but be skeptical if you case is truly genuine. Normally, this board sees posts similar to yours and it's usually a rep from a competing company faking a story similar to yours just to stir some crap. Typically, that rep would post a reply to themselves for everyone to see only to trick Surgeons and Dentist into believing that "Nobel" is cold hearted.

I recommend that you go elsewhere, enjoy your golden years, and good luck with your son's scenario. Yes, Nobel's implant surface has been facing tough criticizm on their Ti-Unite surface due to bone loss years after surgery. It's called Perio-implantitis. Hope that helps.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFOMATIVE COMMENTS !

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your not the only Nobel patient with this problem

http://www.implantdirect.com/us/documents/pdf/MurrayArlinReplaceXrays.pdf

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank goodness "implant direct" is the industry watchdog here. They are obviously supremely qualified to comment on product performance, longevity, and proof.

That's like Bernie Madoff teaching a class on business ethics.