Classless

Discussion in 'Iroko' started by anonymous, May 23, 2017 at 5:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To whom it may concern:

What was done this morning was the most disgusting thing I've seen in my 20 + years in the industry! You let your workers know via e-mail that they are terminated. Karma is strong - remember that! You are just classless people.

Signed,

The 103

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sounds about right

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought Iroko had a lot more class than to shoot us emails to state that we no longer have jobs. I have been through 2 national pharma layoffs in 15 years; they were awful, but I walked away feeling respected.

Two recruiters called me from two very well-known organizations today asking if the "rumor was true"...did Iroko really get rid of their reps via email? Both proceeded to tell me that they considered that an all-time industry low.

I loved my manager, loved my team, and loved the products I was representing...and it showed in my results. I'm no negative Nelly.

Whoever was involved with making this highly distasteful decision to end the employment of very committed representatives via email, should take a really good look at the choice they made. A three minute phone call without the option to open the lines for questioning would have been tough, but at least I could walked away still believing Iroko was the class act I thought it was.

Well wishes for everyone who lost their job today in the most unprofessional manner.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very well said. Thank you.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was part of the 1st round of layoffs with inVentiv/Iroko contract in July 2016 and that was done in a very same fashion as well.

As a matter of fact, the email of our employment ending was sent out the same CLASSLESS way by Iroko.

inVentiv on the other hand was very caring and had a conference call with the reps affected plus really helped us reps to find new employmen.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

someone please post the email.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't know that. Sorry it happened the same way for you. Nothing like feeling like you're a piece of trash and not even worth a phone call.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sorry to hear, i was there at the beginning. launched zorvo, did pretty well, then they started messing around with the co-pay cards...changing this changing that, pharmacies didn't want anything to do with it..did pretty well anyway-after about a year i bailed... good luck to all of you!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone stopped and read the separation agreement or had a lawyer read it?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Did they give a decent severance?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i hate this for all those laid off but lets be real people. You SHOULD have seen this coming. You were warned on here and likely in person multiple multiple times.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Decent? No. Have to sign a confidentiality agreement to get 2 weeks severance.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truth

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. The point being made here is...how poorly the termination was handled.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C'mon people, wake up! After they laid off 40 people back in September and things were on the decline, why wouldn't you get yourselves out of there as quick as possible? You had to know this was coming. I feel for you people but shame on you thinking that this management group was going to turn things around. Good luck finding new jobs.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who said management was turning this around? Didn't you read the original post? It's about how they handled the termination. I could care less that I was let go. It's the manner in which it was done.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

C'mon - - someone post the email message. That will shame them more than anything and keep us all from wondering how they worded it. ". . . Thank you again for your service and have a wonderful summer."

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Dear ex, I mean employee. You no longer are required to be the laughing stock of the industry. We relieve of the privilege of carrying our garbage products that most of the time, was illegally promoted. That is why we are requiring you to sign a confidentiality agreement for the large sum of 2 weeks pay. We suggest, no matter how well or poorly you did, that you avoid putting your time with us on your resume. Oh, and by the way, thanks for all the scripts we stole from you from the beginning. Hope your summer blows!" All the best, Ijoko.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked for Iroko for the first 3 years it existed. Not in sales or marketing. You know, I always wondered how it would end. What goes around comes around.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone know how many reps are left?