Clueless in Minnesota

Discussion in 'Celgene' started by Anonymous, Jul 13, 2014 at 2:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is MN any different than other places in the country? Pharma reps everywhere are lazy

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's so weird, it's like some kind of big secret or something. People on other sites list daily tasks and responsibilities all the time. I just want to know what a typical day is like and everyone freaks out.
    Will someone please give me some insight on what a typical day is like for a rep at Celgene.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are you afraid of?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is someone still posting? I can't see anything.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pretty similar to pharma.

1) get Starbucks for an office (mainly because I want a free drink)
    2) talk to a few doctors (if they aren't too busy)
    3) maybe do a lunch (if there's a hot chick in the office)
    4) bang your mistress (or jerk off, if you're in between mistresses)
    5) home by 2:00

I know it sounds like a girly job... But it's actually not that bad

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello Mr. Celgene what will you be doing today?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a secret.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Celgene is the only biotech you will get into without experience. If you don't want to work for Celgene, try pharma. Contract is pretty much the only way to get in these days, most companies won't hire inexperienced reps but if you can get some experience on a contract you might have an easier time.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the info, what is a typical day like?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's yours besides posting on cafepharma all day?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I just wanted to know what it's like to work in biotech. It seems like it would be a lot more challenging and rewarding than pharma. I imagine you have far better access especially in MN. I'm guessing it's pretty cool but nobody will comment.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's not much different than a regular pharma gig.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe that at all. It's Biotech it's kind of like the movers and shakers of the industry, how could it be like regular pharma. It seems to me this is a higher science and because of that the providers are in need of industry knowledge to a much higher degree. am I wrong?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Normally you would be correct, but not on the Celgene I&I team. It is all about one liners and kick backs. Relationship selling 101. That's why they hired all young hot female reps that can't even spell or pronounce phosphodiesterase inhibitor. You will do more clinical selling with a primary care contract position at InVentiv.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who cares, junior? Club Celgene is rocking with all those new hotties!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your drug is NOT a biologic, dumb ass! As a matter of fact, nobody actually knows WHAT it is!
    Regardless, you can't move and shake if you can't sell it. Providers do not "need" this. It's too expensive, twice a day, LOW efficacy and has WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS you reps are failing to tell your doctors......sad day for patients if they are not informed of the side effects..I'm not talking about diarrhea either. Pregnancy Cat C should be the doctors first indicator of potential risk. Have fun getting your asses kicked. Read Bloomberg thread posted Friday.... So sad

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Access we can literally "see" 20% of the doctors in Minnesota. Of those 20% there aren't very many that we can "sell".

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

50% at least more to come.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

but not you little fella, because you never got hired…Bwwwwwaaahhhaaaaa

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no way they can move this product without the pros like me.

I still don't understand, a year later.

I will not leave. I will be here forever attacking this company because I should have been hired.

you have been warned.