cmf ol1000

Discussion in 'DJ Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Mar 13, 2012 at 6:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you an idiot? The guy reaming u a new 1 makes alot of sense if your own studies cant meet postive endpoints - and show ur device as no better than placebo!
    what a joke

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah I had an exogen bone stim and it was a piece of junk!!!!!!

I wish I knew about those studies because I'd sue the damn company that makes it
    What a piece of junk that exogen thing was
    In fact I'm going back to the doc that gave it to me and ask WHY
    It didn't work.....
    Starting to sound like he was PAID to give it to me

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

S&N probably DID pay your doctor:

In February 2012, Smith & Nephew agreed to pay US$22.2 million to settle multiple US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) offenses committed by its US and German subsidiaries. The company admitted to having bribed government-employed doctors in Greece to use its medical equipment over the past decade. The company has entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and has agreed to retain a compliance monitor for 18 months.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, the fact remains that no DJ representative can possibly say anything positive about their own product. Makes you wonder, eh?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

DUDE THE ONLY THING ANYEONE IS WONDERING ON THIS SITE IS:

CAN YOU FCKING READ???????????

S&N HAS PEER REVIEW PLACEBO CONTROLLED STUDIES SHOWING THEIR EXOGEN DEVICE IS NO BETTER THAN A PLACEBO

AND S&N HAS ADMITTING TO PAYING DOCS TO USE IT

ARE YOU BRAINDEAD?????????????

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

++++++++++++ wow cant you guys at S&N read? +++++++++++++++++

THE FACTS:

Two studies, both by Emami et al., were cited: one was published in the Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma and one, in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research.

The first states that Exogen Inc. provided the ultrasound devices used in this study. The authors have received nothing else of value. The second article provides no information about financial support of the study.

Both studies by Emami et al. were prospective, randomized, blinded, and placebo-controlled.

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound and those who were not.

reread that again ok..........

Both showed NO difference in healing between the patients who were treated with ultrasound and those who were not.

EXOGEN = PLACEBO
    and
    S&N ADMITS THEY PAY DOCS TO USE IT!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patient here - I posted this earlier.....

Yeah I had an exogen bone stim and it was a piece of junk!

I wish I knew about those studies because I'd sue the damn company that makes it
    What a piece of junk that exogen thing was
    In fact I'm going back to the doc that gave it to me and ask WHY
    It didn't work.....
    Starting to sound like he was PAID to give it to me

Thanks to this info:

In February 2012, Smith & Nephew agreed to pay US$22.2 million to settle multiple US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) offenses committed by its US and German subsidiaries. The company admitted to having bribed government-employed doctors in Greece to use its medical equipment over the past decade. The company has entered into a deferred prosecution agreement with the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and has agreed to retain a compliance monitor for 18 months.

Now I know they ADMITTED TO paying docs - and I will have my atty serve a lawsuit to my doc that gave me this EXOGEN p.o.s. of a placebo device

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, the fact remains that no DJ representative can possibly say anything positive about their own product.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Must feel great to work at S&N huh?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

at least training is easy for you guys: you only have 2 messages to learn

1 - WE SELL A PLACEBO DEVICE
    2 - WE PAY DOCS TO USE IT

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

get with the program idiots. Exogen is not S&N anymore.

Sure while there may be a study that didn't show Exogen work, there are over 200 that does show it works. Level 1 studies.

Lets see what you have DJO- nothing. One study that sucked. Why not do another study? Huh, because estim don't work especially for 30 minutes. A waste of insurance money and patient's time. Once the FDA makes everyone prove their products work with Level 1 evidence you will be unemployed.

I know DJO this is tough for you but the choice is easy for doctors when it comes to science on
    these products. I wouldn't throw a stone living in a glass house. Where are your studies?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

O-fx rep who has sold DJ as a distributor in the past. DJ has absolutely no clinical trials to prove that their product works, beyond the one DJ paper showing 60 percent heal rate.
    If the DOJ investigation reminds the FDA of this little fact ( via the press picking up on it, which they will) it could spell big trouble for DJ. As in the product being taken off the market or perhaps being given an opportunity to present an actual study within a certain timeline or then it will be yanked.

By the way, SN does not have over 200 Level one studies, that is ridiculous. Check your study types, newbie.

The main goal at DJ was to try and lump the OL into the 'bone stim' category, by saying things like " Doc, we all know that all bone stims work, right? So let's give them something they only have to use for 30 minutes!" ( you know you role played that in training) That, and of course learning certain O-fx, Biomet and SN studies and how to present them in certain ways. Any doc or large clinic who is using DJ is on the take with a hospital contract or stock and bill setup, and is risking a lot by doing this bc of the DOJ OIG investigations on this practice.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ORTHOFIX=PLACEBO !!!!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok, so a contractor that worked for a distributor that works fir SN in GREECE was found guilty of paying doctors. Do you have any idea how corrupt and desperate the landscape is in Greece right now?
    This also had nothing to do with Exogen, which is also no longer owned by Smith & Nephew, if you bothered to do any research.

If you want us to name all of your docs who are in the take with buy and bill, where they are prescribing the inferior DJ device because they are profiting over $1500 per patient for doing so, I would be happy to start listing names and clinics. That might get interesting!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am curious why e-stim reps even talk about fresh fractures and our studies. We have some studies showing good results for fresh fractures and therefor some insurance companies will cover a new fracture for the right patient and bone. It would be like exogen reps talking about your spine indication. you do not have indication for new fractures and we don't for spine. whats the point? if you are gonna compare any studies compare non union studies. By the way the more you talk about fresh fractures and exogen to docs it makes my job easier!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What BS, I just decided to kill my break and use the Google machine. Seven pages later, not one single reference to CF. Cut the BS and just go back to trolling.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

nice bald faced lie and slander. Orthofix FDA approved wear time for lumbar spine is 2 hours and long bone is 3 hours. Nice try with the 6, if you are gonna lie, you should have went for 24 hrs. like the wear time of the EBI spine device

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above was not the Exogen division. This suit was related to Joint Replacements which SN also manufacturers.