Coaching 2 Win (RSD subjective) vs. Sales (objective non measurable)

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Aug 21, 2018 at 6:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Self explanatory. You have rights and options.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sales are VERY Measurable! And they are being Measured. Where the hell have you been?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not working for GSK.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

not paid on selling

Even if you decide to take the job within the first month of being in the field you will find out that access into MDs office is incredibly limited. However your company will require you to see X amount of MDs a day. It's nearly impossible to achieve the matrix that are being asked in 2018 w/o compromising your integrity and lying several times a day when entering calls. In 2018 if a person makes 8 office stops a day they are probably only able to see 2-3 actual MDs a day. Which means a Rep would have to make 15-20 stops a day to see a Matrix of 7-8 Face to Face conversations a day. And there are other reps in your pod doing the same thing which overloads the doctors offices. It's impossible to achieve w/o fudging calls daily. Not to mention there are usually only 100-125 Mds on any Reps required target list.

Next, the iPad software Veeva call entry system is sku'd to benefit the Company NOT the Rep, it's at the heart of the problem. Most companies require only MD conversations are legitimate calls. The Company will require you to do a staff call however because of limited access and MDs that you will not be able to ever see the Company will not give you daily call credit for stopping at your targeted listed office, talking to receptionists and maybe RNs but never seeing the MD, that according to most Companies is NOT a legitimate call. So, what happens is the Rep gets in the unfortunate habit of lying on the call. Who in their right mind would spent hours of driving and waiting 20-40 minutes doing your job in an office (Waiting, talking to RN's, scheduling lunches) and not want credit for your time? The Companies know that this is going on and use the system against the Representative at a later time when it's time for downsizing

You will likely end up w/ a 40 or 50 something DM that really dosen't want to better the business but "coach" a team of 6-10 and do as little as possible. Most of these managers have less than 5 years of experience in the field, little if any manager experiences and limited people skills. Most use sports analogies to relate to their teams.

Finally in 2018 the Pharma business is not SALES at all. You do not sell anything day to day. The numbers lag 2-3 months which means you will not even know whats going on in the territory for months and about the only thing you are talking about to an MD is suggestions to try. Week after week, Month after month the same message, the same words. You are more of an mobile Advertisement / PRepresentive. A better representation of the job is Customer Service Representative. Since CSR falls under Marketing in a Company somehow the title is still called SALES, but the job is the furthest thing from SALES. In most cases even if you get to see an MD you will have 30 seconds to 1 minute to regurgitate a page or two from the same message you gave him last time. This happens month in and month out. Taking lunch to 20 hungry staff members will buy you usually and extra 5 minutes w/ the targeted MD but the story and message dosen't change and you will not know the outcome of you 5 minute conversation for months and even then the numbers are algorithms of office writing habits since not every pharmacy where the general public gets their drugs from even report their script data. It's all hypothetical.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’ve made over $4 million over the last 25 years doing exactly this. Call it sales or customer service, it’s not a bad gig!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Millennial here who left GSK months ago. Reading this post was music to my ears. I feel as though I wrote this myself. Amen my friend! GSK Senior Leadership has made the job 80% lying to achieve fake metrics, 20% spewing PR messages. And I’m not blaming the FLLs. They have to fall in line or else they’re out!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Finally the truth. Best in a while. Facts!

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spend hundred of thousands on consultants

OR

check here for free.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So 4 million is the going rate for selling your soul to evil. Pretty cheap price!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Click click all calls and target quotas made. who cares, take all the cash you can get. best job ever, you can get all your "calls" in and have your entire life to do whatever you want on GSK'S dime. GSK deserves to get burned.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sooo, having so eloquently captured my life for past 15 years...what do you suggest we poor slobs still in this line of work do about this? Have you had success with uncuffing yourself from this ??

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No I call it BS if you are claiming you averaged $160,000 over 25 years. No one and I mean no one (rep wise or manager for that matter) averages $160,000 over a 25 year career. They are going to start you out low and work your way up and even if you were a manager you might have only just gotten to a place even close to $160,000 at the very end. You can make a hell of a lot more in real sales in the medical sales arena or taking on a side job to make the extra income. GSK doesn't pay at the level you are talking about unless you are talking WAY WAY up in the organization and no one gets that high that quickly to average $160,000 in only 25 years.
    Just another BS lying poster on CafePharma trying to make themselves better better or make others feel worse.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Coaching 2 win is a sad joke that is highly ineffective.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong oh dumb shit. I’m including matching 401k contributions, 5% contribution to cash balance pension plan, 2% stock savings account, and increasing salary. I started at $45,000/ year and my last 10 year salary increased from $115,000 to $140,000 before bonuses. I’ve averaged over $30,000 in bonus over the last 10 years. I was a manager at one point, for almost 10 years. I didn’t consider myself “WAY WAY up in the organization,” but maybe I was. In the end, I retire with a fantastic severance package and never have to work again at age 55. Perfect! Mission accomplished.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must live in Alabama thinking that’s enough

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fortunately my wife makes more than me.