Cobra & Unemployment Benefits

Discussion in 'Amplity' started by anonymous, Apr 16, 2020 at 3:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone gotten their cobra vouchers yet in the mail?

I'm guessing the cost will be crazy high. Wondering since the company pays 90% of health insurance then it would lead me to think the monthly cost for cobra is going to make it so I pay 90% more.

For those that haven't filed their unemployment- the process varies by state but it only took about 10 minutes to do in Texas online, very easy. First deposit should arrive next week.

Good luck to everyone!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn’t think you could file unemployment until your last day of official work

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Depends on the state. The policies vary widely.

Good to check particulars of your state. Some states if you are paid your severance in a lump sum in the beginning, you can still collect unemployment for all the weeks that the lump sum was to cover. Meaning if you have 3 months of severance pay you are owed based on your tenure. If Amplity pays it to you all at once in a lump sum say on May 1 (which would have be paid out biweekly May -July for standard severance pay and not a lump sum) then you legitimately can collect unemployment weekly from May 8th forward.

I don't think unfortunately that Amplity is doing a lump sum. Anybody know for certain one way or the other?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You shouldn't file unemployment until we receive our last paycheck at the end of the month. Duh.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

COBRA is the biggest FU out there. Why do people think it’s something of value?....

Hey!!! Now that you’re let go and have no income coming in, we can offer you monthly coverage for a family of four at just 2 grand!!!

What a bargain!?!! Hmm....should I pay my mortgage or COBRA this month????

Fuck COBRA!!!!!!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you all think we will qualify to get the additional $600 payment benefit for unemployment since we got laid off during the COVID19 pandemic? Or do you think we will only qualify for regular weekly payment?

My understanding is that the company is called to verify the job ended due to the pandemic, and if the company says no, you were not laid off due to the pandemic, you won’t get the additional payment.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Great question. Please share if you receive an answer.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amplity is saying there’s a 45 “revocation” period in regards to our severance payment

That makes zero sense

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What does that even mean? Or are you trying to stir up trouble?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And where did you get this information?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Some one already received the severance

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hello !
    We are contract sales we don’t get severance.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't bother wasting your time. It's obvious this idiot is spouting falsities.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cobra is horribly expensive - anywhere from 1,800 a month to over $2,000 for a family with full coverage,( like what you would be replacing. ) Better to reach out to other insurance companies.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"There is a 45 day revocation period from when you sign until it can be paid out. You will receive your payment in the next scheduled pay period in June”

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bullshit. You have to be a special kind of asshole to spew lies to create chaos for people you don't know, who have been downsized.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was downsized Einstein, how do you think I know this info?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Try healthcare.gov for govt subsidized insurance. I got BCBS med & dental for hundreds less than 2017 Cobra. Yes it’s Obamacare which I criticized until I needed it. Unemployment leads to Humility...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Got my Cobra letter over $700 for a single person. Think I just changed sides on the healthcare debate.