Colgate, Oral B etc

Discussion in 'Dental Reps General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:10 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Idiot, I left Colgate a while back. Yes, cars are provided for both Colgate and Oral B reps

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I laugh everytime I hear someone ask what kind of company car is provided. I mean, I understand if your wondering IF a company car is provided as you are probably determining your overall total compensation. Why in the HELL do you care what kind of car it is. Bottom line: Company Car with gas and maintenance covered then what does it frickin matter.

Douche Bag!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stupid is as stupid does. It's apparent you don't have a job or a car. Since I have several vehicles I was curious as to what type were reps driving. Go back to gettin your food stamps and welfare check and riding the bus as it appears your level of intellect could not understand the simplicity of that questions. Ignorance is bliss when you open your mouth. I would hate to me your mama or spouse. They do too! So, what kind of car do they drive? Oh, you don't know...just say that you idiot!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Colgate, Oral B etc v pharma

OMG.
    I have sold for pharma and dental.

Pharma is a cake walk compared to all of the work dental gives you. Yes the science is deeper in pharma but pharma will spoon feed you the info.

Dental is not rocket science but being a good time manager, strategic planner and great multi-tasker is a must. Selling, detailing, customer service, admin and managing distributor reps, occasional trade shows and ed programs.

Pharma is a lot less work and more money but the security is better in dental as long as you our make your numbers ($, calls etc)

50 hrs a week is average including admin; some weeks a lot more and some a little less.

Good Luck

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New to industry. Pharma is by getting a doctor to write a script. How is sales in dental selling toothbrushes determined? Thanks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you sell toothbrushes and work 50 hours a week, you are doing it WRONG! No freaking way selling toothbrushes is harder than pharma. Dental offices are wide open to sales reps. You can talk to someone anytime you walk in if you know what you're doing. Physician offices have no rep policies on certain days, hours and you are tripping over your podmates and competition in almost every office you go in.

I've been in dental sales for 9 years after 6 years in pharma. I can say with an ABSOLUTE fact, dental sales is a much easier job than pharma. If you plan your week in advance and call on the right customers, you will never have to work 50 hours in a week. Certainly not to sell toothbrushes.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Boy, thats the truth!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STUPID! CARS ARE NOT PROVIDED

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHAT

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HELP Iā€™m looking for a dental sale rep position in Ohio. Does anyone know of anyone hiring? I have experience.
    Thanks

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Colgate does provide company cars. Ford Fusion.

You are not only selling toothbrush plans, but are detailing/selling products that are used chairside as well!
    Dental sales is not boring. Pharma sales is kissing ass At least you get to speak to a dds or rdh most of the time.
    Believe it or not, there is competition out there when it comes to selling your toothbrushes. A lot of docs what a cheap brush!
    Requirement is 9 calls a day.
    Managers ride with you on average of twice a year.

There is a lot of admin work but dental sales is more of a "direct sale" than saying, "doctor will you write my script?"

Base salary starts in the 60's if you have previous experience

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why would you rather work in a pet store making NO MONEY and NO COMPANY CAR?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it still is right around there

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Not really sure why this person is so negative. I worked for this company for almost 10 years but my last manager was a dick."

Hey, that's positive.

Maybe you're The Dick (little) ?

How's that cell phone retail gig going for you, Rich ?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"I would rather work in a pet store and spend the day helping one kid pick out gold fish that probably wont make the ride home."

Now, THAT'S the spirit. You have a bright future in the implant side, I predict.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"A lot of docs what a cheap brush!"

You don't say. They usually have a cheap one, its called a dental assistant, you know a spit (and other things) sucker.

Dentits are assholes. Toothbrush people are what fits inside the dafrk, smelly, brown hole.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so true !!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not a real sales job anyway ... just pushing samples in this gig

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not true .. we are well taken care of

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How would one get a job in sales with oral b or colgate?