Columbia SC layoffs

Discussion in 'Arthrex' started by Anonymous, Jun 22, 2015 at 12:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're told that "you set your own quota" and that's a load of BS. The real truth is that Arthrex asks the distributors for 13-15% annual growth. At Peerless you are required to submit your quota projections as long as they are 20% and higher. Then we have to sit in pointless meetings where we go through account by account by account by account, as arbitrary numbers to your forecast.

The worst part of this process is that you can make your quota and still not be eligible for full bonus. Eight territories made quota and only four will be paid full bonus. My question is where does the money go? Let me guess, a new toy that someone will lose interest in within the month.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow this guy sounds real fair. YOu can hit quota and not be paid a bonus. Why would anyone stick around for this type of BS? Are all Arthrex distributors like this guy?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like a Medwest clone.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And Peerless loses yet another rep

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have to guess people are sick of working for PB.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone gets paid bonus if the distributorship hits Arthrex bonus criteria. Have to hit Arthrex criteria to get full bonus as a rep. If you miss the criteria or your number you still get half bonus.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If there is REMOTELY defending Peerless or the "funny math" used at month/year end it's being posted by Philip

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was set up at the beginning of the year. Then covered it 8 -10 times in meetings and conference calls and was never changed. It mirrors Arthrex's.

Just because you were not good enough to hit it does not mean it is "funny math".

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Never changed? BS.....Philip you said that "Arthrex requires a power equipment trial to be eligible for bonus" which wasn't true. Then you back off of that requirement when it didn't meet your needs any longer. As far as "funny math" why do the percentages per product category change each month? And forget about asking Frank, he hates every rep.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd bet every rep hit Arthrex's quota....but when you add the "Peerless Tax" you stress everyone to the max, and for what reason? A cheap trophy at NSM?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My understanding is power and video was dropped, because we'd hit our overall number early on and the core Arthrex criteria was the focus.

Numbers are the numbers. Cannot change those. Quota is set up at the beginning of the year and I sign a copy of my numbers and turn it in. Not sure what percentage changes your referencing, but why don't you pull out what you signed and see if it matches?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So did the quota requirements change or not? When you say "my understanding" that sounds like double talk to rest of us. The real truth always gets hidden. And as far as going through quota requirements at the beginning of the year and on conference calls, please tell me you've noticed that no one ever asks any questions or speaks up.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

God forbid somebody ask you to go above the minimum.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Doesn't Arthrex base distributorships bonuses off their quota? And by adding additional percentage points to the "minimum" what happens to territory bonus dollars that are earned? They aren't paid out.

Another news flash, no one wants to go to Charleston. It will be another wasted day of PowerPoint and "funny math". Everyone preferred Charlotte but was afraid to speak up.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the quota number you signed the one you have now? That's the question. My numbers were the same day one at the beggining of the year as the end.
    I've asked questions many times one on one in first of year, middle of year and year end meetings and get a straight answer. Why don't you try it?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nicole?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The real question is we're why were your numbers no where close to the Arthrex numbers we saw in Naples? And why is it that we can make Arthrex's quota and not yours and our careers be placed on the line?

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Arthrex gives a quota to a distributor not the rep. The distributor has to look at the potential for each area and build a quota to meet and exceed what Arthrex gives them. A territory could be higher (or a lot higher if previous years performance is poor in the territory) or lower based on the potential that is forecasted by the rep and the deals in the pipeline for the territory and when all territories are combined comes out above Arthrex's. If it doesn't they have to find it. I think Peerless has hit their number every year.

Looks like you did not meet your potential. Maybe it's time to consider another industry. There is always car sales, but even that comes with expectation that may stress you out.