Comp Plan. Sales leadership. Field Managers

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by anonymous, Jun 8, 2017 at 9:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Comp plan is what it is because Oph doesn't make enough money to pay us. This is an entry level sales job. When dental hygienists come in to start selling, they think they hit the lottery. Fact is, NONE of them would be hired at a traditional pharma company because they simply can't sell. Look around. Do you see anyone here that really impresses you or teaches you how to sell? NO!

Sales leadership is an indication of the talent in the field. Do you like what you have been seeing up top over the last 3-4 years? That's because none of the Managers are worthy to do their own job well enough to be promoted. The ones that get promoted are temporary place holders soon to be let go.

Field Managers have dragged this company down over the last 5 years. Look at YOUR manager. How long has he or she been here? If longer than 5 years with no promotion, they should be fired. The bottom of the barrel are the ones who have been here 10+ years. NOT ONE is worth saving and they should be embarrassed as they walk around sales meetings cause many of us laugh at them and we laugh hard.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they made it 10 plus years then I'm impressed. Embarrassed? I'm sure they are making a great salary. If you think it is entry level then that's a reflection of your ability. I personally consider myself an expert because I chose to educate myself and be an expert in the dental field. Can you say bitter party of 1?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Expert at selling what, snake oil? There's no hiding behind long tenured Managers who haven't been promoted. It's undeniable. I see them with their life sentence here without 1 promotion as a Manager and I'm supposed to think that I have growth here? Hey, how many Sales Directors and Marketing Managers have we had here over the last 5 years? Hmmm....

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well I guess I am very talented because I've been selling snake oil very successfully for many years.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Educate yourself? You mean having the ability to count teeth and learn a few periods codes? yup, you're a real selling chump... champ!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, you're not helping. This job is mind numbingly simple and when you make us sound like hedge fund managers you sound ridiculous. We don't make nearly as much as our peers in other companies because our #1 product is old and expensive. Thankfully we don't work as hard as they do so I'm paid well for my efforts.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My experience has been that customers love our product. They do believe in it. However, there does come a time to where with bnb that customers will say, "Enough, you are too expensive. I have other newer and cheaper alternatives". If we want to stay competitive, lower the price, and for god sake, do something about Rx coverage. I know for a fact that nobody upstairs is doing anything with that because that means they would have to stop robbing a patients insurance per tip. If they did the right thing and negotiated, yes, tip prices would be lower, but approval would go up, and they would win with the volume of scripts. But, unfortunately, they are unable to think that long term. So, it is still "under the radar". But its not really. They got caught and this is why approvals are so low right now. And the reps are left holding the bag...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't think the lack of promotion of field managers is entirely due to the fact that they are not qualified. When was the last time Orapharma promoted in a sales position from within? An even better question, when was the last time Orapharma promoted or hired a woman in a sales management position?
    I agree that being a dental hygienist who can essentially work 1 to 2 days a week and write her own prescriptions to count in her territory does not mean that you are good at sales. It just means you are good at bucking the system. The bigger problem is that upper management applauds them and rewards them for doing so.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Managed care is a important factor in growth. Companies like PFE, MRK, JNJ all have heavy DTC managed care and marketing. I have never seen a pharmaceutical product with no managed care representation. We could double sales with someone working that arena. But from I can see Ora pharma does not like to create extra work. Our managed care is similar to our marketing, none. There is so much that could be done with this division like CME, webinars, Hygeine education, etc... Nothing has ever been done to market any of our products. Not sure why the company likes to keep it a secret, but we do have a rinse for Xerostomia. Marketing, marketing, marketing. The approach here is throw the dart on the board and see where it lands.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Valeant is the reason people hate pharma companies. They don't care about patients at all. They don't even try to fake it. It's all about the $$$$ and eventually greed catches up and you destroy a good drug. Even if a company were to buy Arestin, it's too late. Valeant has ruined it. The majority of offices are doing fine without it. You could give it away for free and it would never make a come back. They have lost all integrity and have Jules it I guess they got what they wanted. Milk it till it's gone. The sad part is we have nothing solid to replace it and nothing in the pipeline. This job has sadly become a has been.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This post was about greed not me too

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Clearly, not a #metoo post! Anyone who has been here long enough knows that could have pages and pages of posts on its own. smdh...