Comp plan

Discussion in 'Atherotech' started by Anonymous, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What can a new rep expect to earn?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$60k - $70k first year

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is that on top of the base or total? Their is an opening in my area, which I believe is a part of your expansion. Also, could someone please give me some honest insight as to what your job entails? What is it like to work for Atherotech?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Comp plan is a basic plan similar to Quest - first year there is no baseline, but second year you sell against your own numbers and manage existing business. Company is in transition because they were bought by VC group - can't be good news for Atherotech employees.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is Rod Vanwag still there? Is this company in any better shape today than a few years ago?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This job is good for 2 years... This years comp plan is not as great as in the past therefore very few are making money this year. I would keep my employment elsewhere unless unemployed.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ohhh yes...he's here. Total dumb ass

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, it is not any better. Rod is a dictator. Directors are basically puppets except for Strazza who has his nose so far up Rod's ass all you can see are his feet hanging out. Can't interface with anyone, can't compete with any other labs, comp plan went from 10% to 8%, no pay on residuals, it totally sucks. I'm out of here soon. I can't stand being a rep here...I'd rather go back to pharma and go out and collect signatures a few hours a day and make more $$$$

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what is average expected comp? I heard base max 80k, and most earn about 50k in commission. Sounds alot like pharma, so I'm not sure I should leave pharma for this company. Any feedback? Thanks

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Strazza was an idiot when I interviewed with him, I always thought Rod was a good guy but didn't know him very well. I could that strazza was an ass kisser back then so reading the above was no surprise. I think the VAP test is a great tool but its too bad the company is run by tools as well. I am glad I turned job down at the time

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

STAY AWAY FROM ATHEROTECH

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got an offer and turned it down. The other offer is in Medical Device with base of $125K. See ya clowns! Don't let the door hit you in the ass!!!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Serious question:

There is an opening in Texas for a Sales management position. Why is it open, and can anyone give me a name of who I would send my resume to ( hiring VP/Manager ) please.

Thank you for your input and response

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

careful what you wish for

all of us are interviewing or running for the door of this sinking ship with a captain that would make the Titanic capatin look like someone that knew what he was doing

senior leadership is a big joke and have no idea

word is they have even tried to justify things with postings on here or reply to postings over the years

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Previous RD left, heard he didn't get along with VanDickWag (big surprise). I interviewed with the RD before he left, seemed like good guy, but couldn't answer me when I asked why TX position for his job was posted...he didn't seem happy about it but lived somewhere in Arkansas I think so make sense. Anyway, I talked to his rep when I was interviewing and she said customer service sucks and they don't have many resources. Job is good for ONE year since there is no pay for past business and competition is tuff. Stayed where I am and glad!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thanks for an honest answer, I do appreciate the information

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, can't build a career here. The comp plan pays you nothing on any book of business you brought in from years past. Many reps have left do to this and poor management ignoring reps valid opinions on things that need to be changed internally. The communication from management is extremely poor. If I were you I would pass on any pop here.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TX posting confusing as sales reps are called "Territory Managers"...regarding the director that "left" heard she/he didn't have many fans, most new reps were having to go to other directors or seasoned reps to learn what they needed, she/he had some fans that worked with him/her back in pharma. Labs are different than Pharma. No Scheduled Calls. Service and Research and Hunting is all required.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for "him/her" as you call "him/her" and had no issues. People like "him/her" keep leaving for whatever reason, but the real ones who should leave are RV, SR. I'd like to know what the turnover rate at this company is, it seems like somebody leaves each week. I heard the CS boss AB left, is that true?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your arrogance is nauseating. Quit acting like lab sales is rocket science. I sell pacemakers now, and was previously in pharma. I have friends with your company and there is no comparison...my pharma jobs and my current job is much tougher. Glad you think so highly of yourself.