Company Car and severance

Discussion in 'Avanir Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Nov 18, 2017 at 4:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I talked to a very reliable source within the company that told me reps who were separated, but still employed until January 15 due to the WARN act, have a right to keep their company car until then. I'm sure the company will say we signed a document in EDDIE about once we are let go we have to return it, but we are still employees until Jan 15. They can't legally take the car from us and just assume we don't know that. The 60 days they gave separated employees is a mandated Federal and California law. Please search the WARN act for those who have never heard of it. Also heard everyone got the same severance but was told to stay hush hush about it. I know that isnt true either. Can anyone provide intel?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very interesting. Got an email saying the car insurance cancelled today, so even if I got to keep the Toyota what's the point? Also, I'm a LASR and got the same package as a NAM

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not buying the "right to keep the company car..." for 60 days etc. At any time a company can end or amend their company car policy/program for any reason.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been laid off in the past...we were allowed to keep the car during the WARN period. But who knows with this company

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any info on the validity of keeping the car until jan 15th would be great. Im going to need a car to get to my new job interviews. Also, I have yet to receive any emails from HR. 0 communication since the lovely phone call. Has anyone else received an email regarding logistics / company car?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The company car is a benefit not a right and if the treatment I’ve received is an indication, I wouldn’t put anything past the dirt bags in Aliso. If you haven’t received anything from HR, you neee to email Kelly Parker.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got an email from HR saying that I'd be contacted by the fleet company and Knipper to arrange giving them everything (must be done within a week) but haven't heard a peep from either yet. Now that I'm unemployed and it's a holiday I'm going out of town to visit family. They can fucking wait till I decide to come back

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You toads should be grateful to have gotten any severance, all you did was pay off doctors to drug old ladies with expensive cough syrup Jail time is what you should get.
    CNN News

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Piss off. Some of us came on board after the LTC off label promotions and DOJ investigation. We sold for this shit company as well as we could, and we did it ethically.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It wasn’t just LTC off label promotion. Specialty had their share of that as well. Look, bottom line is this. Shit happened, it happens at every single company (not just pharma). Those people who did it are gone and it left a shit stain in the underwear for the rest of us to deal with. Stop the Nuedexta bashing. It’s a great drug the significantly helps those “Old ladies” some jackhole keeps mentioning. Would it be more ethical to keep them on an antipsychotic or a benzodiazepine? Hmmmm Jackass? Oh and BTW, stop jacking off to pics of ur mom

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you work in LTC, there is ZERO chance you've been 100% ethical. Every single rep has sat in a psychotropic meeting where patient names and meds are discussed. That is illegal and a HIPAA violation. 90% of reps here have done it and the other 10% are liars.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And if you actually work in this industry, you can get off your high horse because you know that every MD office yells out patient names for patients to come to the exam room. Furthermore, you know that when you come to the counter to schmooze the front office and bring starbucks to beg to see the doctor, there is a list of patient names in black and white in full view, because patients need to sign in.

You lily white mouth breather. Stop faking innocence.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

HIPPA you mouth breather.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hearing a name called back to the room isn't a violation you dumbass. Reps are not allowed to sit in an hour long meeting where patients names, diagnosis, and medications are listed on projectors or charts for the reps to see. If you're sitting in the waiting room at an office, hearing a name is nothing, because nobody knows why they're there. But sitting in a meeting and consulting a doctor on what patients should be on Nuedexta is absolutely a violation. You know it, I know it, and the DOJ knows it. Your days in meetings are numbered, you assclown.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And it's HIPAA, you tool. I said it right the first time. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. HIPAA you fucking quack.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you fucking stupid? Hearing a patient's name in the lobby or seeing it on the appointment sign in sheet is not a HIPAA violation. But you bet your sweet ass it is when you sit in those meetings and talk meds and disease states. Unless little Betty in room 112 or her daughter signs off on giving You, the pharmaceutical rep, permission to hear their information, it's a violation. If what you wrote was a HIPAA violation then every single doctor's office would consist of 1 patient in the lobby and everyone else waiting in their car so they couldn't hear the patient being called back. You fucking quack.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You’re the reason there’s directions on shampoo bottles you idiot.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look, we all hear patient names everyday, but we are not the ones breaking HIPAA. The medical professionals such as doctors, nurses, social workers, CNAs etc try to keep it to only using initials but inevitably somebody slips. That's on them

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What past of you're not allowed to attend a psychotropic meeting can't you comprehend? Stop trying to justify yourself by saying you accidentally hear names being called out. With that CNN article coming out, each passing day more and more facilities will catch on what you're doing is illegal and you'll be banned from the meetings.