Company Car, Short term disability?

Discussion in 'Sanofi' started by anonymous, Jun 28, 2019 at 7:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Have all your documentation, update it as needed. You do NOT have to give leave reason...you can tell HR you are taking FMLA/STD leave and they can’t ask specifics. Less you tell the better.
    Be sure if it says no driving, don’t drive!
    Watch your return date. Talk to case manager. Some companies get pretty shady and if you return a couple days past last FMLA date they’ll put you on a PIP or fire you for unexcused absences. I returned 2 days early to protect myself when I went out on STD.
    I was able to keep car but I could not use my gas card. Any tolls I also had to pay but still had to pay for use of car.
    You don’t earn any PTO while on leave
    Be sure you understand if they take out for 401K, taxes, etc., or you may have to cut check to employer upon return
    During your leave company, manager, etc, can NOT initiate communication with you. You do not have to check/respond to emails. Shut that computer down and take care of yourself.
    Before canceling/rescheduling lunches, etc, ask your manager if they will be covering those for you and put that on him/her
    Most times when people go on leave that territory is not worked
    Take care of yourself. Life is short!