Company Car: Worst Selection and Expensive Fleet Cars

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let’s get this straight. I can choose a 2019 Ford Edge SE and pay $230 a month for the honor of driving a car I would never buy. A new lease of a 2019 Ford Edge SEL is $229 a month and I would get et all the tax advantages. What’s up with that Otsuka? Not cool.
    Or I could opt for the honor of choosing a 2019 Ford Fusion or Escape (basic models, think tin can but smaller) for $130, another car I would never purchase. All this vehicles are base models and about as comfortable as sitting on a rock. Totally sucks!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That's right. Thank you Otsuka for downgrading my cubicle. Are you trying to push people out the door? If that's your goal then that is one metric (out of around 1754) that you're blowing out of the water.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The people here at Otsuka are
    o·be·di·ent
    /əˈbēdēənt,ōˈbēdēənt/
    adjective
    1. complying or willing to comply with orders or requests; submissive to another's will.
      "she was totally obedient to him"
    Managers are so scared of the regional directors and Kim. Southern California, choose a team and look at the turn over. We have a choice!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. Also I can’t use the car for personal use. I live and work in a busy, traffic heavy metropolitan area and have a big family. I can’t fit everyone in the car each morning for school drop offs. I have to take my personal vehicle which fits everyone and then double back after to pick up the company car and head to work. Then at the end of the day I drop off the company car, pick up my personal vehicle and do it all again in reverse. This takes several hours of my day and is a waste of time. I did contact fleet about this and was told there is nothing that can be done and it’s my problem. I wish the company took family considerations into account when they pick vehicles and charge us for personal use.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That still gives you time to put in the required 3 hr workday 3 days a week.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're correct in your assumptions and observations, but do you think to ask why this is the case? It's not to entice our overpaid sales force to quit their cushy jobs. Do you truly care what you drive that much? Would you work for another company for lower pay, harder work, and longer hours if they gave you a nicer car to haul around your kids? Why is that Otsuka's problem? I'm assuming you're older than 16, so I'll say the answer is 'no'. All companies make you pay a stipend now. We were the last to do this, and Otsuka's is less than most.

Here's what I assume is taking place: The other post describes a diminished pipeline. True. We have had and are still having drugs reaching patent expiration. The drugs we sell now are not game changers on a larger scale. Jynarque addresses a small unmet need but it will make a lot of money for the time being. Competitors are emerging, and generic tolvaptan will be substituted next year. Don't tell me it will not have the indication. Trust me, in Trump's Whitehouse, our industry is right up there with CNN as public enemy.
    The other drugs we have are me-too and not well marketed in the case of A.M. Add the failed studies and what is left of the oncology division and you can imagine conversations with Japan on how we can save money. We can get rid of a lot of people or we can cut back on the perks and preserve jobs. For now.

How about combining the Blue and Red teams and reduce the Renal team to 100 reps.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cut back on the perks...LOL.....THANK YOU HOME OFFICE lets start with you, HR, Sales Operations and so on and so forth!

DOn't forget - The field generates the revenue while the home office just collects their paychecks spending a good amount of their time complaining about the "entitled" field get over yourself - sounds like many of you are jealous!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow.

You DON’T pay for:

Insurance
    Gas
    Oil changes
    All other maintenance
    Tires
    Rental cars if you take the car in for repair.

Find something else to complain about.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't believe the level on entitlement and sheer millennial-generation whining about what you don't have. How about you go out and invent something or open a restaurant or work someplace for 100% commission?

You have 0 risk. You get a fat paycheck. You get a bonus. You get medical coverage and retirement benefits.
    My god, you are complaining about your car???

Quit, then.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh yes, and you work less than 40 hours per week and those hours are very flexible. Like, hit the gym in the afternoon or go to the mall in the morning or drop the kids off AND pick them up after school flexible.

Trying going without a job like this.