Company car- year if the field

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Jul 17, 2019 at 9:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

novartis is such a great company in so many different ways... except the company cars for field sales!!!! They are sub par and below many of the other companies out there! Why are they the cheapest cars out there???!!! JnJ, Amgen, novo all have cars leaps and bounds above the options here. This is the field reps “ office” so safety and comfort should be considered. Not giving reps a choice and sending them whatever models are left is crap. We DO PAY a small amount for the cars .. step up.. at least give everyone an SUV option if wanted ..::without penalty or trying to get something approved! No one is asking for a Mercedes but higher quality than current options would be such a great addition.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please care to explain what’s good about this terrible place? Because I’ve been looking to leave a year after I got Here. Terrible!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have worked for NVS and a JnJ contract and many years in the industry. A few companies have better car options. Most have the same as NVS including JnJ. If you ever have to provide your own car, you will lose this sense of entitlement. Feel fortunate. There are so many other issues with NVS, but compensation and fleet cars are not among them.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree but i would add cats to the list . Nice it’s “free” the difference will be maid up with chiropractor/physical
    Therapy co-pay ! At the very least ... an option ... I’d gladly take a car allowance and a gas card . Would
    Work for me maybe not others and I’m sure people will think I’m nuts but a car IS a benefit a big one so the allowance and gas card ... fine I pay my own oil changes and maintenance please give me that option !

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

jnj has Volvo’s ... last time I checked that’s not the same as Novartis

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The great thing about America is no one is stopping you from leaving and going to one of those companies with "better cars". Grow the fuck up and please leave. If you are stupid enough to take a job based on the free car offered you deserve to be somewhere else.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the number of miles driven per month is low, a gas card and allowance is better. The allowance is taxed as income. If a high mileage geography, reimbursement at the IRS set amount of $0.58/ mile is better. Reimbursement is considered as an expense and not taxed. But you for everything. To the person who likes JnJ car choice, both companies operate the same. Two of NVS past leaders came from JnJ. No job security. Micromanaging. Metrics driven.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If the number of miles driven per month is low, a gas card and allowance is better. The allowance is taxed as income. If a high mileage geography, reimbursement at the IRS set amount of $0.58/ mile is better. Reimbursement is considered as an expense and not taxed. But you for everything. To the person who likes JnJ car choice, both companies operate the same. Two of NVS past leaders came from JnJ. No job security. Micromanaging. Metrics driven.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There’s no perfect scenario and no one is saying don’t take this job because of the car choices!!! No one is saying to jump ship for a better car choice at a different company.... simply saying the choices here are bottom barrel choices and need to be adjusted to what other top ten pharma companies are offering. Simply better options is all.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. It’s actually a little embarrassing.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree. How about offering choices, let someone decide if they want to pay more per month , not a one lump sum upfront amount. Let people decide if an allowance is better for them. A choice ? Who am I kidding . Won’t happen .

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You stupid soy boy, ho mo fucks, drive a clown car to your janitor job.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i take the bus yo!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Post.from.cafepharma.janssen. I left a couple years ago but in 2016 I had the option to pay 2 or 4K extra (don’t remember exactly) for a base model “stripper” Volvo XC60 with cloth seats, no rear window tint, no awd etc...

The Camry I got instead for no cost was loaded with “leather”, heated seats, nav, and adaptive cruise control. That was a much better car than the Volvo.

Also, if you’re going to pay money for an upgrade you don’t get it back when you leave or are laid off which is almost an inevitability given the incompetence at Jansen. Do your safe a favor, don’t pay extra for a company car.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What are the car choices for 2019/20?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

disgustingly basic.....further proof that this company doesn’t care about reps.

Year of the Field. Jokes.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

jjj

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OR, you can have a doctor say you are over 6'3" or 250 Lbs. Then you would qualify for an upgrade. Just ask the old AAM team. Fleet doesn't check even when there is no way (weigh) he /she is over the weight limit. Sends a great message to the rest of us!