Company Cars?

Discussion in 'Indivior' started by anonymous, Nov 4, 2016 at 8:28 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thoughts on Company Cars? Out of compliance is getting old---I think company cars would save the company a TON of money-

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

NO!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nope!!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buy a new car cheap ass! How long have you been pocketing your fixed reimbursement?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#5 damn, what an ass hole. Get a life and go buy a cup of kindness. You're losing it.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No company cars ! Go to big pharmaceutical if y o u want that carp.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company Carp....I love that!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Blah ha ha. You vain pugnacious windbag. Get on back to kineygarden for the socially inept.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not about being cheap, jackass. Buying a new car every 3 years is an economic loser. Most of us drive too much to lease, so that's out of the question. I was fine with the company reporting a part of my reimbursement as taxable income. But now, we won't get a fixed allowance unless we are in compliance. Only mileage reimbursement. That's BS. For anyone who still has a car payment, it sucks. Turning over a car every 3 years with the mileage most of us drive means taking a big loss on the trade. I'll be sure to write that loss off on my taxes bc this is horseshit.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You wrote it " unless we are in compliance" Do you need to have a high end car? Most Cl's would complain bc the company would offer rep cars>

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My car is not high end by any means. But there is a price range that you have to fall within to be considered "in compliance"...I think it's around $25-30k. The point is, either give us company cars or reimburse us for driving our own cars at a FAIR RATE. If that means reporting some of our allowance as taxable income, so be it. But don't pull the rug out from under us bc our cars aren't 3 model years old or newer. That's low rent.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dont hold your breath. Never been a fair rate reimbursement here. Never. Seriously cheap, in my opinion. Not worth remaining here, cuz it's like waiting to win the lottery.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can write off the difference in mileage reimbursement

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I understand that. But that money won't come back to us until February or March 2018 at the earliest. That is about $7-8k out of our pockets during 2017, depending on how much the monthly allowance is. That's a big financial burden throughout the year.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The majority of the sales force does not see this as an issue. My entire team was in severe distress when it was rumored that we were going to company cars. I feel blessed to be able to choose my vehicle, as does every CL I have spoken to about it. Whether it be height, family size, weather conditions, recreational activities - many people prefer to have a choice. The ability to choose my car was a deciding factor is choosing to work here. It is really four full years if you get a new vehicle. If it is that much of a burden - there are plenty of companies that offer vehicles - most are contract or big pharma. Car allowances have been considered a perk of specialty pharma for a long time.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't want a company car, personally. But I also don't like the idea of being forced to buy a new car every 3 years to stay "in compliance" in order to receive the fixed allowance. As I stated before, even a sensibly priced car loses value quickly with how much many of us drive.
    That was my main point. Tax us if we aren't in compliance as in the past, but don't withhold the monthly fixed allowance.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Depreciation is a big concern (because of driving lots of miles) w/ being forced to have a car that is less than three years old. Add that to the mileage reimbursement & you are losing money.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So....any news on this? We were told to expect an email from HR about the new policy. Nothing yet. I wish this company would get their act together and let us know, whatever the policy may be.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Policy: Drive a car that meets compliance standards and you'll get your monthly car allowance + miles.
    2017: If you're out of compliance you'll only get reimbursed for miles (this is not a long term option).
    Now you have it in writing.