Company Vehicles at GSK

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 23, 2017 at 12:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone tell me what the choices are? Are there any SUVs? Any 4WD vehicles?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can choose from the Chevy Spark or the Kia Rio. No SUVs or AWD.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Back when I used to work here about 5 years ago, it was a Mazda 3 or Mercury Mariner/Ford Escape. A big/tall person could qualify for a larger car, like the Ford Explorer.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ford Taurus, Ford Escape or Ford Edge are choices now. 4 wheel drive if you live in snow area

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A good hint from an old timer. When you order your car, spend the $19.95 on the heavy duty trunk hinges. Well worth the cost and they can be removed by hand and installed in future company cars in moments.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are either really old or really not funny

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are there other options for us big-boned gals? I can't fit in any of those other options mentioned.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yep, I remember the heavy duty hinges and they were very silent also. It was Ford models only ,but now they have changed and bolt them in. PS / to big-boned : it is pitiful that you now need a F-150 !

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for the information.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ask an old timer if you can find any......last century they offered Buick, Olds, Toyota, etc. That was of course SKB.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SKB rewarded reps and made us a proud bunch ! We were known as a kick-butt company.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

a few things to know if you are thinking about ordering the Edge - Does not come with a power lift rear hatch (no inside button to open, no key fob button, manually open only), cloth seats are standard, heated seats only available if you order leather ($2500 out of pocket),

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone know if there is an option to do a car allowance ?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SKB offered that , along with many other options. We ruled.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You mean Fat Girls? Answer: NO!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There are no fat pharmaceutical reps. Well, I know of only one.:p

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not at gsk

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ford Eco-Sport is being added this fall. It is a little smaller then the Escape but comes with all the bells and whistles. It is an option for employees who want a compact SUV, especially those who have city territories.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Especially good in the city because you can pick it up and park them in tight parking spaces.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true! Cost constraints.