Competitors hiring humira reps.

Discussion in 'AbbVie' started by anonymous, Feb 16, 2019 at 6:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recruiters called about an established oral jak position. Paying $160k. Words out of his mouth were we know humira reps are frustrated with abbvie strategy and managements activity based metrics. Would you consider going to competitor for that kind of money? He made it sound like many humira reps are talking with them across the country.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lilly poaching reps? Gilead is over a year away from a launch would be surprised if it’s them. The Lilly product is one of the worst launches in pharma history- would have to pay more than 160k for me to rep that dog.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t think it’s the jak. The recruiter that callled me was for cosentyx. It was not internal recruiter. She was out of New Jersey with a agency. They are paying 135 to 175 for experience.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis is highest paying big pharmaceutical company by far. Not surprising they would want us as I heard it’s a complete shit show especially in Rheum over there. Reps with little to no experience and a brand team that has never dealt with a biologic. Good product that should be dominating but it’s not.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Novartis will hire anyone. One person they recently hired totally lied on his resume and is considered by many to be a habitual liar and the worst primary care manager ever. Novartis hired him for specialty because he lied, he was primary care, and a sleezy nightmare at that. A second person I know of, was actually convicted of a pharma related crime. It pops right up when you google the guy’s name but Novartis probably doesn’t care.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

mmmm.... Lied on his resume..... sound familiar...
    Ricky......

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The legal precedents set by accepting little rickies lie on resume sets any stage for them to come after anyone for minor lies. Forced to put a detail A detail only because corporate won’t accept we have less than 35 targets. And don’t trust us. We have to. That pales in the courts compared to little rickie.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah Novartis is bad- they would have to pay me at least 170k base to even consider working there. I know two people over there and they said it is a complete cluster. The brand manager has a degree in engineering that should tell you something. Very metric driven there much like Lilly.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% agree! I was there a few years ago and it is one of the most toxic, back stabbing organizations. Oncology was really bad the Hem side was better.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know if they came to me with a 170k base offer, sign on bonus and Novartis offers RSU yearly- I think I would jump. No one has called me though... Novartis also has a crazy 401k match. My buddy gets 12% of his salary matched every year. He didn't think anyone was making 170k base and he is in Rheumatology. That is manager pay.

Personally I would be very surprised if they go up to 170k for a rep. But if they did I'm sure there is no worse than here.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

IMM is the new primary care. No one is paying that. No one.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wrong- I was actually called today for a position in California with Novartis. Pay was up to 175k base with 38k target bonus. No sign on bonus and no stock grants upon hire but recruiter said if you perform you get stock grants at end of year review. I'm actually taking the interview- its a decent size raise and it can't be any worse over there then it is here.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because they can’t attract good people. You’ve been warned. By the way, I’ve been offered the same salary and way more in stock and comm.
    by similar companies but Iam a baller.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

my understanding is most of Lilly’s offers are close to that. Recruiter said it’s that they understand our position in rheumatology is valuable. Lilly rep told me if they can get a couple of us in rheum and derm across each state we could effect the overall market for lilly.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is miss Cannon in NC still firing peeps?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You would think that Lilly would be calling us, JnJ and Amgen and offering big $ to come over. They are completely lost in derm and rheum.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

can anyone tell me about what is going on here, i can not find the main subject

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Competitors are laughing at humira reps

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word to Wall Street. Competitors are coming after hiring humira reps. Abbvie micromanaging the sales force that made the number one drug in the world. And now all the sudden they are saying these reps don’t know how to do it again with new drug. Managing calls per day. Sales aids used. The numbers of pages used. Call plan. Calling on primary care which is useless. This isn’t what sold humira or made it great. The reps did by doing what they do. Selling. Manage activity you get useless activity. Head that as a warning the jak may fail. And head that many humira reps on way out.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I am a Rheumatology Otezla rep and NVS called me as well. Same pitch, $175 base with $38k target, sign on bonus that vests over 3 years. I turned it down after checking with my Cosentyx people. That place is a cluster.