Complete Employee Disaster

Discussion in 'Alcami' started by anonymous, Dec 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

so, how’d that acid cleanup go? ELT Came right over to help?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, first HR suggests that drugs and alcohol will help me cope with working at allshitty. Now I see a post that people are taking acid with the ELT. Maybe this place is not all bad?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll be eating my Paxil and norvir like tic tacs.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, when things aren't blowing up you have to celebrate!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

TGIF. Another crappy week at allshitty. If this dump gets sold it will be a miracle

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The miracle here is people actually showing up to do the work. It is getting pretty thin.
    Personally I have zero motivation anymore.
    From the chatter is everyone who has an IQ north of 100 is looking, all the others are writing the shit for HR on Glassdoor.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the dipshit from corporate who was pulling cards scans is gone? Fired the Quality guy in G'town and got sent to the Dutch site to up their game? Bet they love the motivation. Work 12 hours? Well, you need to work more so my bonus gets better. This company is freakin wonderful.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Trying to overlay the abuses used on the USA labs onto a European operation will have a very different outcome. Asking a EU employee to work 12 hours shifts may be taken as an illegal request. The Netherlands has the following rules regarding overtime.

"Working hours are codified in the Working Hours Act. Weekly working time (including overtime) may not exceed 48 hours on average over a 16-week reference period and 55 hours on average over a four-week reference period. Different arrangements are possible by collective agreement (or an agreement with the company works council, if no collective agreement applies), but are subject to absolute limits of 60 hours a week and 12 hours a day. There are also specific restrictions on night shifts. After a working day, employees are entitled to a rest period of no fewer than 11 hours. If required by the nature of the work or company circumstances, this resting period may be shortened to eight hours once every seven days. After every working week the employee is entitled to a rest period of no fewer than 36 consecutive hours. Other rules apply if there is a shorter resting period, though the minimum rest is never shortened over a longer period."

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wooweee.....I need me some of that Dutch law

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will not get a bonus for working overtime. If you are hourly then you will be paid at the legal rate for overtime. If you are salaried then you will get nothing, except tired.

Bonuses are reserved for the people who deserve them, like the ELT.

If you work in the lab, are salaried, then you can get a bonus if you walk on water, can raise the dead, or make millions of dollars in revenue per week. Otherwise shut your mouth (c-holster).

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bonus!
    Ha ha ha! Do not give two shits.
    Have to wonder if we will ever get any customers with NO SERVICE REPS/PROGRAM MANAGERS!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Didn't Skippy from the ELT tell you the good news???

YOU are the new customer service rep AND the program manager. You still have to do your other job as well.

Brilliant!!

Shut that mouth.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yeah, stop complaining folks. Find ways to slack off during work and do your best to leave on time. That is the only thing that will make your life better. You aren’t going to get more money, so do less work and chill the fuck out. It’s a job not a career!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Too true...it is just a job...not a career.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I look at it as purgatory. Close enough to hell for me.
    HR should understand that assholes telling you that a 40 hour week is not what CMOs do is not a good thing. Making people work 50 hours for 40 hours of pay is illegal.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is not illegal to require overtime if you are salaried and dumb enough to do it. occasional overtime is expected from professional staff (put on your big by pants), constant overtime is a different issue.

It is very illegal to have hourly employees work and not be paid for every hour. Working off the clock should be reported; first to your manager (so they are implicated if they do nothing), then to the SLT (ibid) and then to the department of labor (NC and federal). Wait a few weeks between calling attention to the issue with your management and the Dept of Labor. Document everything! You can get back wages and perhaps damages.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or the "professionals" wouldn't create the situation in the first place and would do the right thing, at least with comp time. But they preach "professionalism" and always do otherwise.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Giving the salaried staff comp time is only an option if the spike in the workload is transient. If the business is constantly understaffed then comp time is not an option and overtime is made mandatory to try and cover the workload. If the profits are low then bonus money is not an option (or if the ELT is too tight to give bonus money). Allcrappy is way too balled up to do the right thing, get out and find another job. The job market is quite good at the moment, you will have to move unless you go to quality chem.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Already getting calls, talking to the hubby. He wants out, too, as we have no life but work anymore.
    His friends cannot believe the absolute bullshit we put up with, day in and out. What fries my twinkies is the sheer nastiness of management.