Compliance - Specialty Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Salix' started by anonymous, Jul 25, 2019 at 8:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Three reps in a Cleveland lost their jobs last week because Compliance uncovered they were pushing prescriptions through a preferred (Salix friendly) specialty pharmacy. They proved the reps were instructed to do so by their DMs and RD. Sales went up. Everyone was happy. But Compliance investigates, the reps lose their jobs and the manager and RD get to keep theirs? How does this seem right?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Truly fucked up. Good people lost their jobs.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which specialty pharmacy was it?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Benzer. And the manager would give terrible coaching reports if you refused to promote Benzer on every call.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Fun fact - Benzer Pharmacy bought all of the Philidor records a few years back and we’re calling offices trying to keep patients on their existing therapies. I’m curious if the connections to Philidor ways end there.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Come on - The reps aren't completely innocent in all of this. They were doing it because they were making $. They weren't complaining when they cashing the checks and hanging out in Cabo.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“I need to win President’s a club and you are going to get me there.”

AY

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So the Cleveland reps all got fired for doing what their manager and RD told them to do. But the manager and RD keep their jobs? Because Josh is a jock sniffing cuck and he loves MM?

Cookbook much?

Violating compliance to get ahead is a dangerous play. I smell some whistle blowing in the wind.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A WB is for something that was a corporate directive. It doesnt seem like that was the case with this. If it was there would have been a lot more areas that would have been using them.

I wondered what their secret to success was. No Im glad i didnt know.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is it the reps always get the boot and managers and directors get to skate? This was their direction. The RD stood in front of the whole region and laid out his strategy and expectations on SP.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you know that? It is very interesting if true.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same shit almost happened in NE. DM instructed reps to push specialty. Slap on wrist for DM. TG no reps were fired. It’s a joke!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s OK to suggest the office process prescriptions through their own or another SP provider. It’s not OK to tell them to run everything through XYZ specialty because we know people there and they have a process in place for our products.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

After the Philidor debacle, Dermatology office that had patients with Philidor all received calls from Benzer looking to continue therapy but now with them.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nothing illegal about that. SPs go out of business all the time. Competitors sweep in and try to get that business. As long as they aren’t filling scripts for people who don’t need refills like Jublia or some of the lotions and potions in like Philidor did, it’s fine. Philidor was also accepting kickbacks from Valeant to just keep the refills going. And they only filled Valeant products. I don’t think Benzer does that.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well actually what AY had those reps saying was " Well, we all know Xifaxan is impossible to get covered so run those prescriptions thru benzer. They have a system in place to get our scripts covered and your patients will pay the lowest possible co-pay. This was said before any talk of efficacy.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well she is still here and those reps are gone. Compliance would have pushed her out if that were true.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must keep in mind that HR and any other company compliance staff are only here to protect the company. If they got rid of mgmt that would show CORPORATE NEGLIGENCE fault/blame and not just a few individuals in the same pod scheming on SP. Amy D. Is NOT your friend!!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not true.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Specialty pharmacies don’t work like that. And they definitely don’t care about xifaxan...not a specialty drug and not a money maker on majority of scripts. Not worth the hassle once you ship it out.