Compliance - Specialty Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Salix' started by anonymous, Jul 25, 2019 at 8:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm in their region and heard the Cleveland reps were thrown under bus by their manager to save her own job. If you didn't do what AY said she had a pen and was not afraid to use it. From what I know, she ran her district like a tyrant and a bully. They all hate her but she's the regional manager's pet and Mark McKenna is her mentor. The reps were tenured reps, well liked, and good at their job. Anyone at the NSM heard senior leadership advocate "jaywalking". And that Texas rep on stage got a pat on the back for job well done. Good reps lost their job. Did they even get opportunity for their side to be heard?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know these reps and am also in their region. They did as they were told. When they gave pushback and voiced concern they were held accountable by AY. Ohio, parts of NY, and parts of MI were all directed to use them. Some managers were even passing out Benzer fliers and PA agreements to offices..I know mine did. Columbus got reports of scripts and were asked to get list of who prescribed. Good reps lost their job because they were not given a choice but to do what was directed. Senior leadership advocates "jaywalking" and AY does whatever MM, JC, and MM say. And they did not all win trip to Cabo.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

. They were done dirty! No doubt their dictator manager had something to do with it. I hope they fight back. I hope Cleveland tanks since their manager thinks she's the best. She was not successful as a rep in PA

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow. someone got sensitive and had a few posts removed. Too close to home?

Facts are facts. One rep was getting managed out, threw everyone including her manager under the bus with incriminating information about SP partnerships and strategy and all three reps lost their jobs. Nothing happened to leadership.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Compliance better get their shit together and communicate exactly what we can and cannot do with specialty pharmacy. This is a big problem.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If they did that, leadership could no longer use them as a weapon to fire older reps they don’t like.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

i agree!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And when tell us all of this again at the NSM, those that “bend” the rules will win, again. My bet is that the majority of P Club winners either have a specialty pharmacy that their offices are using or an in house pharmacy.

Compliance has been very clear to us that what was done is not allowed. Anyone that has been in the industry for any time at all knows this, there are some major no/no’s. It seems like this had less to do with an SP, and more to do with what this SP was doing and the fact that some reps were promoting this to their offices. But, we may never know exactly what happened.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys are stupid. Trust me no SP has a niche for Xifaxan- and the hep C market is severely down. They literally lose money filling Xifaxan on the majority of the fills. You aren't a specialty product- Humira, Enbrel, Otezla, Cosentyx are specialty products. Products that are minimum 60k a year to be on.

Now go back selling your IBS drug to primary care. Everyone that is left at Salix/Valeant should be embarrassed. Your career is now looked at as a primary care drug. Good luck leaving.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard same thing about DM in NE. Openly promoted specialty pharmacy use for years now trying to backtrack after getting wrist slapped. MM should count his lucky stars.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound like an old has-been that has been laid off. Good try but you don’t know shit about these products. Go back to your desk at Enterprise Rent A Car, tool bag.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow- Are you really that clueless?
    Sure X- may not be their first choice , but its a great loss leader in a highly competitive market.
    I believe I may have a bit more knowledge than you since I worked for one of these SP’s.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s not right. It never was. Tipping the scales in one region because of shady specialty pharmacy relationships is bullshit. Firing the reps for doing what you told them to do for years is completely fucked.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Word on the street is P.S. just got a nice promotion and raise. 2 of his reps loose their jobs and he gets promoted. Wow!!!!!!!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nice try - but they don't give out promotions or raises during the year.
    And what position might he have been promoted to?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

President and Group Chair of Salix

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest