Concerns

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jul 21, 2012 at 1:57 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh I do get it. This industry is predicated squarly on shareholders, and not patient safety. There is enough concern here that would force me to stray away from using this medication. And furthermore,I wouldn't reccommend it for a family member or loved one as well.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Then fine, let all the obese folks continue to drain the medical system of billions of dollars a year and let the epidemic continue to grow. The status quo has been working pretty well dont you think? This drug is an option for those who have very few options left, not for someone who wants to lose 10 lbs and look quite on the beach.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shoud have been "cute" not quite.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that's more important than long term cardiovascular health? Profits over people. Let's just continue to look short term without any accountability for the long term effects on an individuals health. Typical corporate puke.I'm not surprised.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because being obese is great for good heart
    health right. Douche!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No asshole. Taking a pill to fix everything....especially one with safety issues on longterm use is.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I too found this both interesting and concerning. "Can VIVUS keep growing? Will Qsymia become a blockbuster? The American lifestyle is not a healthy one, and demand for get-thin-quick schemes is immense. Few obese people, however, are willing to suffer embarrassing or life-threatening side effects just to lose a small amount of weight. The cost of the drugs and the potential for insurance coverage will also factor heavily into the success of any prescription treatment."

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have researched the product to the hilt-the clinical studies on co-morbidities were so impressive, I bought the stock...but I am very skeptical that a 150-person sales force can have a successful launch nationwide with the key issues that will exist, or obstacles such as managed care, side effect profile, and serious multiple disease-state knowledge required to effectively sell it...the launches I have been part of in recent years had two major big pharma companies and literally 1000's of qualified Reps working to make it a success, with many fewer obstacles

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am a rep and don't worry about the 150 because you can't most of the docs these days so 150 is plenty to start.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I find this an interesting point. Many physicians will see the phentermine and associate it with being 50% of the ill fated Phen Phen. That is enough to be concerned for shure. And remember, that so many physicians are gun shy today with the increase in mal practice. Why take the risk? Orexigen and Takeda are holing off on the release of their weight loss drug called Contrave, until they complete a 2 year study on the drugs cardiovascular risk profile. I've also asked some of the high prescribers in my geopgraphy about this drug. Their response has been the same....Interesting for sure.....but a few red flags that make it a concern for both patient and clinician. A 150 person sales force is nothing. It seems like the 150 who are chosen will be the "pilot group" to test the waters. If it goes south....then the financial loss will be minimal. Take the time to read up on all the variables here and then make your own decision. Best to luck to all.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Vivus is going to harvest from free publicity, target cash patients, and fax orders directly to wholesalers to eliminate generic switches...as simple as that!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best of luck.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really wish that all you people that could ruin a wet dream (aka haters) would simply disappear. You have no idea how annoying you are with all your negativity and "good luck". We don't care what you think, or about the "concerns". If we did, we wouldn't be continuing with the interview process. If you've worked in sales long enough you know that when you are given lemons, you simply make lemonade. This medication can, and will be sold. For the love of God, please grow up.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's funny. People always criticize those that are honest about things on here. Anyone that doesn't "drink the koolaid" is perceived as negative. Sad. But it's the state of this business. If you can think for yourself you are considered a threat. God forbid someone can think for themselves anymore.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thank you!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lets get this out in the open: I am a hater, I am negative, I am jelous, I don't know what I am talking about, I can never sell any product I have ever promoted etc etc etc.

I have sold in the weight loss arena. The concern should be doctors will very sceptical with these drugs. They got burned several times with weight loss drugs that were well studied. The other concern is the "then what" attitude. After the pt takes it for three months, looses weight, then what? Do they take it forever? Have they learned anything about managing weight?

Things to think about.

Commense brutal atack on me now...............

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I totally agree with you but remember how many times has dr asked do you have anything new today? I think most will at least listen to what we have to present about this product, I hope.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get the net former pharma folks. the days of 1000 person sales forces and 15 person pods is over. you ruined your own industry by saturating the market and annoying doctors. it's a new world out there.