Concerta patent ruling

Discussion in 'Janssen' started by Anonymous, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Folks, the other thread is getting too cluttered with "stuff".
    Fact of the matter is, the challenge to the Delaware Court ruling will amount to nothing more than a delaying tactic.
    The oral arguments this week revealed nothing that would substantiate over ruling the previous decision. Just listen to it for yourself. It isn't a secret, and it's in English.
    There is no extension to the arguments. It is done.
    Sometime in the next 30 days, the ruling will be typed, reviewed, finalized,and posted.
    Until then, all of this discussion is pure speculation.

And by the way...it was not the drug that was the point of contention, it was the delivery system.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Right on.

Drug reps that think they are attorneys.....too funny!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the declutter and you are right...there are a lot of attorney wanna-be's.

It is unfortunate that we must wait on the decision. I am ready for the layoff.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are done with his one, amazing that we were able to keep the sharks at bay. This product is not easy to make (delivery system) sorry, but the ride is over. Stay positive, and keep it real in 2010. Maryland and DC getting hit hard this weekend with a massive blizzard.
    M

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so is it official - did we lose?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude (or Dudette)...read the f**king thread....
    You're part of the problem...you just can't comprehend English.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are all still missing one big piece of the equation.....The citizens petition and the fact the FDA still needs to approve the generic (s). Unless the FDA has been waiting for a court appeal, there is no reason to think anything will change once the court issues a decision on this appeal.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No one cares about the citizens petition - in recent years they have been looked down upon as wasting the FDA's time so that a big pharma company can squeeze out as much money as they can from the brand. FDA no longer needs to rule on a citizens petition before they approve an ANDA.

And have you already forgotten the Topamax debacle?
    They let the sales force go 6mos before it was scheduled to go generic and before any other company had a generic approved.

I don't want to lose my job, really I don't. But one shouldn't be so ignorant to think this ruling won't affect us.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to mention that Concerta is losing share by the minute!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Concerta is still the best product on the market, and we are in this for the patient. We know how to make this product, so lets keep doing it. This Blizard is killing me!
    M

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That really was a debacle when they destroyed the whole Neurology sales force promoting Topamax. I think the product may have had a year left of patent exclusivity. I knew many people in CNS and they knew something was up, but to eliminate a whole sales force took some balls by upper management. Good luck with Concerta. Try and get out if you can. Network if you can now. These big pharma co.'s are inundated with resumes by disgruntled reps and reps that have been let go. There are pharma companies hiring but it's the same crap. There's a lack of leadership at all levels.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

any news on a conference call or anything from home office>>

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dickhead up until this point we haven't had the official publication on the FDA website

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The difference with Topamax was that they had date certainty for a generic. Concerta is a wildcard. I still think they will play it out until the generic is approved and launches.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for proving me correct...you are a f-ing idiot!

The FDA has already approved the generic. That is the whole reason for the delaying tactic.
    Since the Court was closed today because of the weather in DC (and may be closed tomorrow also), you get another couple of days to pretend you are productive.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course they cut the sales force 6 months before patent expiration. Do you realize the margin they got on it by cutting the sales force early? The question is when do you cut to justify the gain/loss of sales - and clearly Topamax was not growing by leaps and bounds when they cut the sales force - so smart profit move by J&J.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Topamax had it's greatest year when they cut the sales force in June or July. . Sales in 2008 were over 2 billion. No sales reps in the field from June/July to Dec. and they had great success with the product. There is absolutely no need for pharma reps in any company. Maybe a new product, but well established with good managed care sell themselves.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are 100% wrong. The FDA has not approved a generic for Concerta.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you! I was the one that asked the original question and that dick jumped on me and he is wrong; so far, nothing official has been out if we won or lost on this past wed; i don't think its gonna be good but just want it to be official

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why did this board go silent? When are we going to know something? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?