Confessions of an RSM.

Discussion in 'Astellas' started by anonymous, Oct 8, 2018 at 6:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m geting off my high horse.

Everyone falsifies call. EVERYONE.

Ever see a doctor running into a room and the wait is going to be 40 minutes or so, but enter him as a call??

Ever have a doctor say “I can’t talk right now where can I sign?” And you enter him in as a call?

Ever pass your iPad back for a signature, and you enter it as a detail call?

Ever walk into a large practice see 1 but all 5 are in and enter them as a call because the office has a one doctor only policy?

We have all done this at least once in our careers. If you live in a glass house don’t throw stones.

Karma is a bitch.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for your honesty. This is what happens when metrics drive decisions. But when the sales don't happen, everyone acts surprised.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Confessions of an RSM: I vacation and stay in nice hotels while racking up airline miles...oops I mean I do ride alongs with reps every other week. My office time outside of that consists of me watching cartoons with my two year old and yoga class. I send out occasional emails to my reps in the field and copy my AD on it to keep up the image, sometimes I do my field coaching guides within a month after ride alongs. Hey Bob, nice work, make sure you’re hard closing on each call. And Lisa, make sure you’re asking the doc to write first line. By the way, don’t mention combo, unless corporate asks. Funniest thing- I met up with my friends for afternoon brunch last Wednesday and ran into my rep buying their friends lunch on Astellas tab. I was doing the same...we had a good laugh. By the way they’re being groomed for management. They have 1 year experience in Pharma and 2 years working at a mall kiosk and were in a sorority in college- plus 2 years kissing corporate a**- perfect fit. They even ranked in the top 75% last year, what an accomplishment.

I needed to get that off of my chest. It’s sponsored by Astellas by the way. DD’s baby.

Yours Truly,

Good To Be Me

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Everyone falsifies calls and the leadership team has to know it. Just check attendee list for luncheons and you will find that everyone of them has errors. The Concur system allows for these errors by letting you save the office attendees. Half of the people don't even work at the office anymore. Can they really expect us to be able to hold a conversation with our providers and check the sign in name? The names aren't even legible. Astellas is going down the drain. Milk it while you can. Work life balance??? We work for the patients??? LOL! How long does the average patient stay on Myrbetriq? So this discontinuation rate is... extremely high

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes the company is more into behaviors than sales performance. ADs just care about how they look and who they can get promoted instead of worrying about their sales attainment.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love this company but will say that the sales culture is on life support. Lots of good people still left here. Sales are down because of attrition, reorganization’s, and 3 year summit averages turning the sale force over. This is our reality.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love the Bears and Cubs, the Bulls and Black Hawks company seasons box stocked with booze and buffets seasons tickets the Exit 48 insiders have enjoyed for years, in fact it’s been great to take my kids girfriends, and wife at the time to many great sporting events on the house.

Now that I left I hope this great insider tradition stays quiet and under the radar.

The last thing leadership wants is the troops to know about this lovely little perk!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love the Bears and Cubs, the Bulls and Black Hawks company seasons box stocked with booze and buffets seasons tickets the Exit 48 insiders have enjoyed for years, in fact it’s been great to take my kids girfriends, and wife at the time to many great sporting events on the house.

Now that I left I hope this great insider tradition stays quiet and under the radar.

The last thing leadership wants is the troops to know about this lovely little perk!!!
    QUOTE="anonymous, post: 6126642"]I love this company but will say that the sales culture is on life support. Lots of good people still left here. Sales are down because of attrition, reorganization’s, and 3 year summit averages turning the sale force over. This is our reality.[/QUOTE]

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Our Doctor and Customer base get more of their information on our products from radio, TV, and magazine ads than from us. Being a Sales Rep is just a glorified part-time job with full time pay and lots of vacations. Let's just admit it folks... we're just a bunch of slackers with good perks that collect a nice paycheck! When this one dries up, we just go to the next company.