Congrats......sorta.....

Discussion in 'Amylin' started by Anonymous, Jun 30, 2012 at 1:16 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congrats to Amylin for pulling off a deal....do I understand the ins and outs of it....not one bit. The congrats are bittersweet for the folks who have been long term employees who have poured their guts into the company and I'm not talking about senior management. I'm a former employee - yes I was laid off after 10+ years and it felt awful at the time. I never actually stopped believing in the company - just couldn't understand some of the decisions that were being made. But I never stopped believing in the mission of the company and that was to make a difference in the lives of people affected by diabetes--not only the patients but their families. I remember years ago the "day in the life" exercise that was done to drive the point home of what the mission of the company was---it made a huge impact on me. Somehow I think over the years, the mission seemed to get lost and somewhat "cloudy"....and for me that's unfortunate. So now -- I wish for my former colleagues who stayed the course and believed -- that the changes that are coming for you will be positive. Hang in there and good luck whatever this deal means for you.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're below the director level it means a crappy severance package and a few months of Cobra. If you're above Director, it's a year of salary for doing nothing but kissing ass and pretending to know what you're talking about in meetings that never needed to happen. Thank God the SC upheld Obamacare.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So glad to be done with this f'ing company. Can't wait until Dan, Orville and the rest of the incompetent, lying hypocrates fly the coop in September/October (sooner would better). Don't let your golden parachutes deploy as employees tackle you and hold your heads underwater in pond. Screw all of you who have been screwing the hard working, dedicated employees for years. Patients and investors all deserve more too. Let the rioting begin!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

May the layoffs begin . . .I wonder which group is first?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wonder if anybody or anything stays in San Diego? Ohio is probably safe.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R&D
    Clinical ops
    Symlin clin ops,regulatory, medical writing
    Leptin phuck ups

quality,product complaints,

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My very first experience with a "layoff" occurred some 20+ years ago after the biotech I was working for was sold to another large pharma. Rumors had run rampant for months, and I recall saying to my boss on a Friday afternoon -- "Thinking about going to Vegas this weekend....any reason I need to be back Monday morning?" We laughed and he said he needed me in Monday morning to prep for a meeting he was leaving for......so I came back Monday morning only to find that evidently the deal was signed on Friday evening and HR and senior management had been working the whole weekend to go through the offices for all the employees being affected....and our stuff was packed up in tidy little boxes and already for us to be shepherded to the auditorium to get our umm "packages".

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you think is oging on this weekend?

HR and Sr mangt. preparing packages already decided.

Enjoy your summer Friday suckers

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No. I wish - I'd love to get packaged and be done. This is going to drag out through the rest of the year. We are all trapped. Yeah, we can look for a job. But that's walking away from a severance. So we can't really leave, until some time in the future that we cannot anticipate.

It's going to be awful.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not so awful. Think about it. No more goals to meet. No more training. No more "projects". And now you can actually ask WHY without repercussions when someone wants something stupid (which is every day in my experience). Take lunches, take breaks, take time off. Just show up and shut up...it's easy money until they hand out the packages.