Congratulations Geoff

Discussion in 'Medtronic' started by anonymous, Aug 26, 2020 at 9:49 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You withstood the knee jerk reactions of so many companies where a few at the top show their true sides when their options/equity are threatened by 1-2 bad quarters. How? As tens of thousands are laid off due to the virus, you focused on your most valuable people, the field.

So, when revenue dropped over 40%, the stock reacted by going to an all time high this week. I have no idea what pressure you were under to eviserate the "middle" of the balance sheet yet I would predict it was intense from the bean counters in Ireland and MSP.

We are watching what you do, not what you say and many are thankful you are running big blue. This long terms stakeholder is very grateful

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pay attention. he mentioned nimble multiple times. nimble means cuts

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hoping the stock gets to an all time high. It's 102 now. It's been over 120 in the past.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thank you geoff for this post

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

He just put out a new Medtronic corporate level strategy that does not have the word quality mentioned even once. Guess time will tell if he really gets it.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

and so it begins...

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If Geoff wants to start cutting, start in Minneapolis. Too many MBAs from St Thomas like programs who pretend to know what's happening in the field.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Problem against UST? Where did you go? RTG gonna slash that comp and your job!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Geoff just announced job cuts are coming from the new operating model. Buckle up.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what’s this that I’m hearing about legends of neuromodulation being forced out? Some of the most tenured reps with the strongest relationships and healthiest territories are being shown the door? What’s that all about?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what’s this that I’m hearing about legends of neuromodulation being forced out? Some of the most tenured reps with the strongest relationships and healthiest territories are being shown the door? What’s that all about?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is clearly one of those "too soon" threads!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Problem against UST? Where did you go? RTG gonna slash that comp and your job'

I don't care if you went to UST, Wharton or Thunderbird. Go spend some time in the field selling vs sitting in Moundsview pretending you know what's going on.

Have you perfected the sycophant's golf clap in your daily meetings yet? In house people remind me of freshly minted 2nd lieutenants in the Army who show up and try to tell the tenured platoon sergeant what to do.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hahah. will save 475 mil a year after the cuts. "thank you geoff for your leadership" lol

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Something tells me this change to make us more “nimble” involves more layoffs than we’ve been led to believe. Guess the early retirement deal didn’t net enough old timers...

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Caught stealing from the company. Idiots lying on their expense reports over an extended period.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These are the real money makers

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

must be one of the people cut