Congressional Budget Office: Options for Reducing the Deficit

Discussion in 'Healthcare Reform Discussions' started by AG., Jul 1, 2019 at 12:47 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
?

Write a 350- to 525-word article about your evaluation and proposed changes to the facility or servi

1. VA facilities

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. CA patient care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AG.

AG. Guest

I have chosen to pick the VA healthcare facility and service to evaluate the affects that are implementing the health option as well as mitigation of negative effects.
    During the last two years of working in the healthcare facility I have had my experience with working with the VA is directly in regards to their coverage. I have seen a lot of VA patients Struggle not just from their health care issues and problems but from their healthcare alone. More and more VA patients are being cut off and limited to what services they can receive from the VA’s. The government is now putting restrictions on the retirees where they are stating that if they had any injuries before the military that they would not be covered. They are saying that anything previous to the military will not be covered from the VA anything that has occurred during the military will be covered.

As I see some of my patients that come in from the VA a lot of them have injuries that have sustained previously during and even after the military so it becomes very hard and difficult to treat their injuries and their health concerns because the VA is not covering. A lot of the VA‘s that come to our healthcare facility do not have much money, they are on a low income base or a fixed income to where they rely solely on the VA to cover their health insurance. With some of the VA’s patients are trying to do is get the VA to overturn that restriction and to go back to covering the VAs at 100%.

I became very wrapped up into the military because, here is a selection in our life where these people enter into the military to serve our country and give up their life for us to wear for the ones who make it out and make it through they should be covered at 100% with no issues and problems. However a lot of issues are going on in the VA to where it is becoming either hard for the VA is to obtain coverage to the VA but they are limited and marked on what it is if they can do in-home they can’t seem to obtain the proper and efficient coverage that they need. With the help of healthcare provider speaking out to the government letting them know that the military treatment facilities are overcrowded to where they should send some of the VA patients to civilian providers to be seen. It’s becoming an issue a problem where VA patients are waiting over a month to be seen at the military treatment facilities. VA’s is not allowing the VA patients to be seen on civilian provider because they do not want to take a civilian provider I wanted to keep everything in-house which is understandable but when it sent to win it is affecting the patient’s health, other precautions she be taken.
    Reference:

1. SHEKELLE, M.D., PH.D., P. (April 2006). printemailtwittercompact U.S. Department of Health and Human Services COSTS AND BENEFITS OF HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. Retrieved from Costs and Benefits of Health Information Technology

2. University Of Phoenix. (2016). Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2017 to 2026. Retrieved from University Of Phoenix, MHA/516: Operating In Structure: Health Sector Policy And Governance website.

3. The Affordable Care Acts Impacts on Access to Insurance and Health Care for Low-Income Populations(). Retrieved from The Affordable Care Act’s Impacts on Access to Insurance and Health Care for Low-Income Populations