Congressional Investigation

Discussion in 'Mallinckrodt' started by anonymous, Jan 15, 2019 at 8:22 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’d be running and hiding. Nothing good will come of this.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Direct from Mnk website:
    The Price of H.P. Acthar Gel

In 2007, H.P. Acthar Gel’s previous owner was near bankruptcy and raised the price of the drug substantially in order to keep the drug on the market and to ensure the long-term supply of the drug for treatment of children afflicted with infantile spasms and other small groups of patients suffering from complex, devastating diseases. They did this only after extensive consultation with the FDA.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So you repsond with MNKs explanation and defense on price. I’m sure this is accurate. MNK is using complete hearsay from qcor. The fda had nothing to do with pricing Acthar.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agreed. Drink more kool aid. Mnk lies.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This will be a thrashing like no other! If you haven’t watched a high drug price hearing check the one out on epipen (a proven lifesaving medicine). There will be “extensive consultation” on Acthar pricing/data. Morality will be questioned. No one will hold back on mnk, opportunity of a lifetime for congress members to create a highlight reel bashing pharma (albeit fake fraud pharma at mnk). I’m providing them as much info I can give them. You should too. Specifically, bad direction from management. Justice will follow hearings. Burn motherf*cker burn.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

While I would like nothing better to see these dickheads squirm and get eviscerated. We all know this investigation is for show. After the senators do their Sabre rattling and get their MSNBC video clips for their voting block, everyone will go back to business as usual.

Heather Bresch looked like a complete imbecile, yet she is still CEO of Mylan and any issues they are having have little to do with the “investigation”.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any idea what time MT takes the stand?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On November 27, 2018, Mnk stated 400 million invested in Acthar.
    Now suddenly after congress calls them out, January 14, 2019 it’s 500 million invested in Acthar?? 100 million dollar difference in little over a month??
    Better get your story straight Mark. Seems like BS and funny math. Cummings and others are going to eat you alive.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

congressional hearings are a waste of time. Too much focus on the wall right now. This will get no attention and the shit show will continue. I do hope they call in the high writing docs!!!!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. Like the FDA would say “sure, raise it up. You have to stay in business”. If the drug was that great it would do billions at a lower price. Fact is it sucks and is an overpriced steroid

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The generic synactin is the real steroid. Acthar Gel may have a true dynamic MOA of stimulating the body’s own natural cortisol process and perhaps having immodulation properties. The FDA understands with this potential blockbuster MOA 2 1/2 week pricing at 40,000 is a good value. We have innovative manufacturing, patient resources , and extensive head to head robust data in the pipeline. We are here to stay.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lies and propaganda.

Synacthen actually appears to have a more efficacy than Acthar in non-steriod responsive conditions. Not only may Synacthen be dramatically cheaper, but it may in fact have superior efficacy versus Acthar.

Synacthen also has a brighter future as the compound may be altered to remove the portions of the peptide chain than induce steroid secretion and therefore side effects. Synacthen as we know it, may evolve and become another compound with even better efficacy and an improved side effect profile. Acthar is porcine extracted ACTH, and the molecule can't be altered with today's technology.

Acthar will most likely have its purpose in non-steriod responsive patients, but will potentially be crushed by other options in the long run due to its bloated price.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It may have better efficacy. Oral steroids have better efficacy, but we know long term use isn’t recommended. That’s why synactin maybe more efficacious cause it is a corticosteroid reaction. Better efficacy doesn’t mean better side effect profile. This proves the point that acthar maybe a true melancortin peptide amino acid 1-39 which maybe include alpha beta and gamma. This alone proves why acthar is priced at a good rate of 840,000 a year. That is a bargain for this type of efficacy and side effect profile . Congress should be asking why it isn’t even higher given what it does.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that’s some funny shit!! Nice try

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

tell congress this story. Please. I want to watch the reaction

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s actually a badge of honor for mallinfraud to be named with other real (not fraud) pharma companies. The sham called Acthar is about to implode. How much to produce a vial? Less than $100/vial. Sells for $40,0000/vial.
    Here’s a prediction: Congress is appalled and speechless at the Acthar fraud. All payers stop paying for anything but IS. OIG rips cover off and finds a way to fine mnk to new epic proportions just like the price of Acthar. Crippling the company beyond repair Acthar goes back in the dumpster and we all live happily ever after. The end.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

when do the hearings begin?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I hope you are right.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The hearings will come and go. I’ll still be selling Acthar and contributing to my company while making one hell of an income. Others will still be complaining on here. Dead weight!!! Leave if you don’t like it!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Acthar will most likely never go away. I does help some patient types with resistant disease. The price will have to be adjusted down, because yes the payers will stop paying. Most already have, except when forced to. Once this is all over, and the new company has the Acthar asset and maybe less debt, I wonder what price the payers will be willing to pay, because that's really what this will be all about. If United/Optum went to the hearings and said "Acthar is worth every penny of the $41K per vial", it would be over. The thing is this isn't going to happen and no patient advocacy groups will get involved in a manner that supports the price, probably in fact the contrary. So what price will the payers accept? $2500 a vial? $3500 a vial? $5000 a vial? Can't be much more than that for a powerful payer like Aetna, Cigna or United.