Considering a position with Alk

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by anonymous, Sep 15, 2016 at 9:54 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is the culture similar to BIG Pharma? Pay range?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the culture here is fantastic. Definitely not big pharma. Very transparent and supportive. Pay is a relative comparison, but I think the pay here is adequate. I came here a little over a year and a half ago to launch our new injectable antipsychotic and I'm very happy I made the jump. Launch has been challenging, but we are headed in the right direction now.

I highly recommend this company. I've been in the industry for almost 25 years and have worked at 4 pharma co's prior. This place is a nice breath of fresh air.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I want whatever drug your taking!????

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

^^^this^^^

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Run and don't look back.

Richard and Mark and great but there is a huge drop off after you get under them and the folks at Corporate.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you discussing 2 different companies. ALK do you mean Alk Abello.. or Alkeremes...

Alk Abello is a allergy company

Alkermes is a psych drug

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mark is great? You're joking! Biggest blowhard I have seen in my 15 years in Pharma. He hired Andrew which is reason enough to give him a grade of F as a leader. Don't even get me started on his long, rambling and pointless emails.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or are you referring to Akebia Therapeutics? A pre-commercial biopharmaceutical company that is currently recruiting a sales force to launch their first product.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The generic name for their product is Vadadustat. See if your recruiter knows anything about this.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes I as well. I think I got it! Swishhhher!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn't ask cash rolls yet, I cannot wait to join your estro team.

How long after interviewing do you reallsy get my offa?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, did you get it? Anyone getting offers here?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Only if you wear a tight skirt

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree. There are a couple of down sides though. Our medical benefits are a bit more lacking than big pharma and we have to pay more out of pocket and a higher premium taken out of our paychecks. We also have a car allowance which is no where near as nice as getting a company car. Our allowance is a bit low compared to other companies I have worked at in this industry with allowances.

Other than that, the OP above is correct.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Agree on medical/car. Medical here almost double tjat of big Pharma on more expensive plan and not as good. On the Car I almost break even with no repairs and about 1/2 my gas ends up being reimbursed. It depends on the car you choose. Some reps drive beaters and make $ off. My salary is more so that offsets part of it. This is a good company and those that are hear r fortunate. It's bio!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What biologic do you sell?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You must not be talking about ALK the allergy company which is just a bunch of butt kissing yes men without a single ounce of integrity or a backbone.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Is Laura J still there?? CooCoo for cocoa puffs is she.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hou obviously know her well and yes, she works here

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is soooooo true that the car allowance here is woefully lacking. I came from another pharma company that was smaller than this one and the car allowance was a lot better. Why is the allowance here so low?